What to study now ???

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by brick-it, Feb 11, 2010.

1. brick-it

brick-it Bit Poster

Currently hold a HNC in computer studies, CCNA, CCNA voice and soon security, currently a senior telecomms engineer, our company will be providing hosted services and tier 2 data center services within the next 2 years.

Was wondering what to train for, looked at degree OU courses but nothing that seems suitable, i have a generous training budget to spend..... any sugestions ? something along the lines of design, implementation, trouble shooting.. thnx

Certifications: HNC comp, C&G Electronics, CCNA voice
    WIP: CCNA security
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Whatever you have experience doing. Perhaps CCDA/CCDP, CCNP, CCNA Security, CCVP... plenty to choose from.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I agree on the CCNP side of things, if you have the various CCNA's why not improve on them with the CCNP?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Especially now the recent changes require you only to sit 3 of the exams to certify in CCNP (Previously 4)

5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Since you have the CCNA r/s; voice; and soon security, I guess you're involved in all of the aspects. Which one is more prime at the moment? Obtain that professional track.

If it helps, people have told me it makes sense to get the CCNP before the CCVP. The CCNP seems to better prepare you (in terms of foundations) for the CCVP.

6. brick-it

brick-it Bit Poster

Thanks for all the advice,, i will do a cisco and a microsoft one in turn, i do voip at the moment but not cisco... bit too expensive for our customers - but the architecture is similar, and will need to administer an entire network, not just the routing. Have to fit this in with 250miles a day looking after our existing customers.. but i guess no pain...............

Certifications: HNC comp, C&G Electronics, CCNA voice
    WIP: CCNA security