What to do!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jellyman_4eva, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hi all, many thanks for the replies!

The real worry I have is that all these recruiting agents are going to waste my time by sending me off for jobs which have an MCSE and also require loads of experience which I do not have!!

Any ideas how to show this on my CV without looking bad!!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. laup

laup Byte Poster

Yup im in the same situation as u my friends few good certs no fookin experience. Im just living in hope :biggrin

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Originally posted by: Jellyman_4eva;132802]Hi all, many thanks for the replies!

The real worry I have is that all these recruiting agents are going to waste my time by sending me off for jobs which have an MCSE and also require loads of experience which I do not have!!

Any ideas how to show this on my CV without looking bad!!

Jellyman, you can demonstrate this on your CV in a bullet point format i.e. have experienced in PC break and fix for friends and client. Project administered and setup a lab environment for test purpose using xyz. List your MCSE as part of your qualification as this shows determination. Just be confident and go for it.

You would just have to be creative and don't apply for more involving IT server infrastructure roles yet look for and apply for helpdesk 1st line desktop support role.

I also think contracting would be another way of getting your foot in the door. Trust me it's not as bad as all the who ha that is made when you finally land your IT post. Just keep on keeping on and don't restrict or limit yourself.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell