What to do, where to begin, when will it end???

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jamesy_100, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Jamesy_100

Jamesy_100 New Member

I'm looking at doing a certification as I'm currently a computer operator and feel like I'm forgetting everything I've learnt or its becoming increasingly irrelevant. Many people have suggested trying for a CCNA but only having a little networking experience and not working in a Network team I feel like it might be a step too soon (and its expensive). Any tips as I feel this is something I would like to aim for but don't want to waste my time and money on something which I may not be able to do?

Certifications: None
    WIP: None
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

What to do - We usually recommend the CompTIA A+ as the best place to start on an IT career. Take a look around our A+ forum to see the recommended study materials (you shouldn't have to go to deep!).

Where to begin - Buy the recommended book and start reading it. Get some old PC's and use them for the labs in the book.

Where will it end - Well, the truth is that if you want to be successfull in IT that it never will.

Hope this helps. :biggrin

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you have limited networking experience and want to tackle the CCNA, I'd suggest the A+ and Network+ certs as a foundation.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I agree to the 2 previous posts. I have searched this site and looked at the fundementals of the A+ and N+ courses, and that is the best way to kick start your I.T. career...