What sort of interest do you think there's be with this exam?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by tripwire45, May 9, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Since Microsoft changed their certification structure and everything is technology driven, it's harder to tell which certs people would go for more than others. Most of you know I'm one of the authors on O'Reilly's SharePoint 2007: The Definitive Guide and since the "happy accident" that positioned me to write half that book, I've seen a lot of interest from various parties regarding wanting to see SharePoint documented from a number of perspectives.

While there is a plethora of SharePoint books on or going to be on the market (here's the comparision), there are no (at present) SharePoint books directly related to the two SharePoint certs (configuration and development) available.

According to Redmond Magazine, MOSS 2007 is taking off with a rocket. With that in mind, do you think that becoming SharePoint 2007 certified would be of value?

Thanks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'd definitely say so.

The world is moving to more and more online technologies, and the people who can understand what drives those technologies will undoubtedly be in great demand.

Sharepoint is MS's platform for delivering some of those technologies, so getting a cert in it makes sense.

8)

3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I would give that a big :thumbleft

In fact my boss is sending me on a course in a couple of weeks :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

That would be a big yes from me too ... I am looking at potential courses for me to actually make the most of what I have learnt so far.

As with other courses I have done the idea is to learn the skills, but thinking more about my comments in another thread it would be better to have some materials first and then do the exam quickly after the course.

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I would.

I'm seriously considering implementing it here.
    I've been speaking to some of our clients, and they were all moaning that they couldn't find any skilled sharepoint support people out there...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

Where are you doing the course?