What next ADVICE PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by bazzawood30, Jan 20, 2011.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually Bazza if I were you I would stop where you are and take some time to backfill your knowledge, yes I know you did some work in IT when you were a copper (helping your friends and colleagues etc) but as I try and keep telling people, certifications are there to prove your experience, not get you a job.

Now you have a couple of exams under your belt I would honestly spend the next 12 - 18 months getting the required experience to move beyond the qualifications you currently have. Use that time to improve your abilities.

The worst thing you could do now is over certify and just plain forget what it is you need to remember.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA