What lengths do you go to, to avoid the Christmas rush?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by CliffG, Dec 19, 2005.

1. CliffG

CliffG Nibble Poster

That reminds me of a time when I was really Ill, and couldn't go out, (wife was out of country at the time), and I had nothing in. So I went to the tesco website (tummy rumbling all the while), and started ordering, then it said the delivery time - or rather the delivery date!? I gave up after that lol.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. trislloyd

trislloyd Nibble Poster

I just had a look! You're right you know, Morrisons have a web site with food on but you cant actually buy it online? They need to sort that out, any volunteers? lol

Doesn't look like Somerfield let you buy online either!

Incidently - I apologise, didn't mean to hijack the thread!! As you were.

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, MCP
    WIP: MCSE, specializing in Cisco
  3. Griffon

Griffon Bit Poster

We tried Asda before - and they delivered even though the nearest one is about 15 miles away LOL

Didn't like most of the asda stuff tho :(

Certifications: A Degree, A+
    WIP: Network+, MCDST
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

my ex-fianceé loves Asda...she even buys the George clothes range (tried to get me into it and boy I was having none of it as I get my clothes from Topman or Burtons). I remember one day we decided to go to Sainsburys (opposite Asda!!) and we realised it was more expensive there with the exact same things we normally bought at Asda...never again...but like u Griffon dont like Asda's stuff either...Morrisons is the way to go! :biggrin...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Jeez, when did CF become "Which ! Supermarket" ??? :blink

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

God bless Play.com!

I walked past HMV the other Saturday and it was absolutly heaving! I only wanted to get a single CD I had forgotten for a family member, took one look and said "sod this for a game of soldiers!" and off I went. Got it delivered from Play a few days later along with all the other gunk I had to get.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, OCR Level 2
    WIP: Network+, 70-270
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Here Here :thumbleft

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Simple do my christmas shopping in January, or use the internet...:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011