what is the percentage for passing in the papers?

Discussion in 'A+' started by The One Free Man, Nov 8, 2007.

1. The One Free Man

The One Free Man New Member

Hello there

I was wondering I got the CompTIA Fast pass book from emmett Dulany now what is the passing percentage on the scale, I just did the essencials test without revising it fully and got 68%. what is the actual pass mark?

Also, when you pass each stage does your certificate show if you got pass merit or distinction, sorry for being so british about it, i just don't understand the 720's and stuff like that sorry.

please tell me so I can at least know how I am going so I can know it better.

thanks people

Certifications: BSc (Hons.)
    WIP: A+ Certifcation
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nobody knows the percentage score you need. The exam is scored on a scale from 100 to 900, and it is unknown whether some questions are weighted. Therefore, study until you understand the concepts completely, then take the test.

A pass is a pass is a pass... a "barely pass" is the same as a "perfect score"... you are either "certified" or "not certified".

I've never once been asked to show my actual scores. If you want to show your score report off, be my guest... but employers are likely to look at you a little funny if you do. ;)

I've no idea if the Dulaney book is good. I'd highly recommend the A+ All-in-One Exam Guide 6th Edition by Meyers and PC Technician Street Smarts by Pyles.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If the actual passing score is available publicly, you'll find it somewhere on CompTIA's A+ webpage. As Michael said, there are no "honors" scores or anything like that. You either passed or you didn't. End of story. Also, since once you pass, you are an A+ for life, no one can tell (without asking), if you earned your A+ last week or five years ago.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hiya,

I agree with BM & trip, if you know and understand the material the pass score should not matter.

but regardless this may be of interest

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff