What is the best path for mcse 2003 ?what would you like to chose and why ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ABBA, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ABBA

ABBA New Member

What is the best path for mcse 2003 ?what would you like to chose and why ?
    70 -270 or 70-620
    70-284 (70-285) or 70-236

70-350 or 70-351

Best :)

2. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I find a nice warm relaxing bath the best to be honest, it has got me through plenty of MS Press books. :twisted:

Uhm, that's a hard choice. :D

To be honest, if you are still yet to do the client exam, it probably isn't best to jump ahead and start thinking of electives. Take the exams one at a time, especially as you are just beggining on the MCSE path.

I think this all depends on the individual. I would have a different choice than others, simply because everyones interests and experience levels are very different.

I do have to admit, I find the 70-620 being an elective for the MCSE quite interesting. If someone wants to pass their MCSE with less effort, then that would definately be the elective of choice.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  3. ABBA

ABBA New Member

soory typing error,

70-270 or 70-620 :D

and thanks for nice reply 8)

4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Ahhh, now that's different. :D

Again, it all depends on what you want to do. Do you see yourself supporting Vista, or XP more? Are you currently in a role that you have to support either of these?

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  5. ABBA

ABBA New Member

i work more with xp. but the point is in futur:D what will be more vailed 8) ?!
    is xp or Vista
    is Exchange 2003 or 2007
    ISA 2004 or 2006 :biggrin
    thanks for reply :)

6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I think you should concentrate on the present as most of the technology will be around for some years to come.

Also when the time is right you can then do the upgrade exams

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

ISA 2006 is almost the same as ISA 2004, it's more like a service pack than a big change in product. There is more study material around for 2004 though. Good thing is, it's nearly all relevant for the 2006 exam. I'm going to do the 2006 one when I can be bothered to crack down with my studying again. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Exactly right: you should concentrate on the present, not the future. You can always upgrade your certifications from XP to Vista... and once XP certifications are gone, they're gone.

Personally, there is no "best path". If there were, there'd be only one certification path for everyone, and there'd be no electives. Therefore, you should take electives that are most applicable to what you're currently doing (NOT what you WANT to be doing).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. ABBA

ABBA New Member

Thanks all , for nice input :)

another QS
    is it better to learn 284 ,285 and 236 together and -->exams

and then 350 and 351 ?

or just to see to get mcse ASAP:D

10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thread title edited to change *bath* to *path* :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

If you've got no IT experience then I think the A+ and N+ used together for the elective is a good start and confidence builder/ It worked for me anyway

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me