What is best for 70-272??

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by stephen, Oct 15, 2005.

1. stephen

stephen New Member

Can anyone recommend material which is very helpful for the 70-272 exam or any testkings etc? I have done 271 but need to try pass 272 first time. Please kindly reply.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi there Stephen, welcome to CF! :biggrin

Teskings are what are known as Braindumps, and are not well liked around these parts because they devalue certs and are ultimately illegal. So you would be best to steer well clear of them.

Good material that I would recommend for this cert would be the official MS Press book or the Sybex book.

To prepare you better for the actual exam then look at the Transcender test prep software. Although they are quite pricey they are really good and provide detailed explanations.

What materials did you use to prepare for the first exam?

8)

Oh, BTW, when you get a chance pop over to the new members forum and introduce your self properly. We don't bite.......much!

:biggrin

3. stephen

stephen New Member

I used Sybex, but really had to review each question, but got 933/1000 so I was happy.

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thats a good score.

reviewing every question is nothing to be ashamed of, I know I have had to practically do it on some of the exams that I have done.

To score that high you must have been very well prepared, why not simply adopt the same methods to the 70-272 exam and I'm sure you'll ace it, as they two exams are not that different interms of focus.

8)

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've used a number of things, as material varies depending on the module. If Microsoft press are brilliant for one exam, I guarantee they will be rubbish for the next.
    Whatever you use to learn up, I've been using the Transcender study guides and testing software to bone up before the exam. They haven't let me down yet!

No, I don't work for them.
    But if they want me to, they can PM me...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Word to that! :biggrin