What have you achieved so far this year?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

cert/jobwise? Me nothing certwise, but started my first IT job this year 7-8ish months into it so far, would ideally like to get the A+ done this year and possibly find a new helpdesk role at another company next year when I get my years experience.

2. TekGlitch

TekGlitch Bit Poster

Well i'm a month in to my first job as an IT Support Analyst and i must say there is a lot to take in. I work for a company who support over 30 countries in retail EPOS systems, Oracle Micros, Citrix, AD and a Cash Management system which i do not understand one bit which can be a bit stressful. There is a lot to learn! I'm on the 1st line desk but there is still a lot to support! I'm hoping to get some training on certain systems soon but i'm trying my best using any documentation available etc.

Cert wise, I've stalled with my Comptia A+. I'm just too tired to sit and read things after a day's work. Need to get that sorted!

3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I think you're doing the right thing there stalling on the exam stuff. It will make much more sense in a year or so when you have more experience. Just keep up on the cert trail as and when you can do it.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cert wise nothing but landed two Active Directory consultancy projects for some corporate customers. Both projects completed so a nice addition to the technical part of my CV.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs