What goes around, comes around

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Sep 11, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

A poor Scottish farmer, named Fleming, was labouring away one day.

Suddenly he heard a cry for help coming from a nearby bog.He quickly ran over to where the sound was coming from.

Upon reaching there, he was confronted by a young boy screaming as he struggled to free himself from certain death.The farmer managed to haul the young boy from the bog just in time.

The next day the farmer saw a fancy carriage approaching the farm.
    A grandiose gentlemen stepped out of the carriage and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer Fleming had saved.
    "I want to repay you" said the gentelman "for you have saved my son's life"

Farmer Fleming refused to accept payment for what he had done.Just as he was refusing any payment, the farmers son came to the door of the family home.

The gentleman, or nobleman as the farmer now realised, asked "is that your son?"
    "Yes" the farmer replied.

The nobleman made Farmer Fleming a deal.I'll take your son and give him an education, in gratitude for you savings my son's life."If he's anything like his father, he'll grow to be a man you can be proud of" said the nobleman.

So the deal was done.In time Farmer Fleming's son graduated from St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London, and went on to become worlwide as Sir Alexander Fleming, the discoverer of penicillin.

Years later, the nobleman's son was stricken with pneumonia.How did he survive?
    Answer: Penicillin:!:

What was the nobleman's name you ask?
    Answer: Lord Randolph Churchill.
    What was his son's name your thinking?
    Answer: Sir Winston Churchill.

What comes around, goes around

:D

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

flex, that is very profound and moving. I have goosebumps all over and my hairs are standing on end. Rather spooky.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Sorry to be the party pooper here guys, but nice though this story is, its just that, a story!

Urban Legend Demystified

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present