What does your Av mean about you ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jakamoko, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I've been thinking about this one for a bit, as a result of some comments in other posts recently :hhhmmm

So does the Avatar you use have any significance about you, or who you are ?

I'll kick this off....

While I was still looking after me young daughter in the afternoons, we used to watch a cartoon called "Yoko, Jakamoko, Toto!" This was (is) one of those fabulous shows for kids that grown-ups can get right into as well (a bit like Pingu, etc)

Anyway, Jakamoko was the big armadillo who took his time about things, but usually got them right in the end. A bit like myself.... :oops: So I pinched a wee .jpg from their site for my Av.

So anyway, one day, out the blue, a new Member signed up on here called Papabobo. Turns out this is Jak's dad - aka none other than the artists/creators behind the actual show !!! They'd been doing a Copernic search of the web, and found me/us at CertForums. They were 110% in approval of my reasons for using him as my Av.

Then, a few months later, I got an e-mail from the artists again, saying they had found a bit of time in their schedule, so they created me a little "Running Jak" to use as a new Av.

I still keep in touch with the Studio - it was such a nice gesture. They even created a one-off signed still of the intrepid Trio especially for my daughter :D :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My av is of a rocketship called "Fireball XL5". When I was about six years old, there was a Saturday morning T.V. show about a group of astronauts that would patrol the Solar System and fight the bad guys. It was the first show of its kind that used marionettes as the characters and models for everything else. It's a totally lame show by adult standards, especially in modern times (the show was produced in the UK and run in the US for one year) but at the time, I thought it was great.

Months ago, in a fit of nostalgia, I looked up some material on the old show. It reminded me of simpler times when pain was a scaped knee, friends were forever, and heroes were perfect. I was at the point of deciding what sort of av I wanted for this forum and one other and decided for the XL5 spaceship. I was a real science fiction buff for many years and maintain an active interest in the space program. The spaceship and its launching system (along a horizonal rail system sitting atop a rocket powered sled) were similar to stuff NASA and the Soviet space program had on the drawing boards at that time. I guess my av is a tribute to simplier times and a young spirit of adventure and wonder.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I must admit that my AV speaks the absolute truth about me, I can never stick with one thing for long. My AV must have changed 6 or 7 times since this forum started and for those of you that have been around long enough I think thats about the number of times we've had a new look to the header of the sites.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Japes

Japes Bit Poster

Penfold here is my Hero..... without him DM would never have solved any of the things he was given the credit for........

Also I got that far before giving up looking though the rest of the AV's :wink:

6. JK

JK Bit Poster

Saw it, Liked it, Picked it.

7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well the first one I picked was a bit zen like and then I had a bit of time to kill and started looking through the expanded selection and saw this one. Like I said before, I feel like I'm on fire.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Well of course mine in is the badge of my (hopelessly inept) football club!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hey I'm a bit (but only a bit) of a Trekker :oops:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. AndyL

AndyL Nibble Poster

I like doughnuts and I'm a bit grumpy. Especially now that I'm 40.

Certifications: MCSE 2000,2K3,MCSA:M 2000, MCSA 2K3
    WIP: Painting the doorframes.
  11. Greebo

Greebo Byte Poster

Looked in the choices available and saw this one :) Normally use a black cat with blinking eyes but thought this one was cool :daz :whatthink

12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'm sure we had this discussion way back when someone else used that Av briefly :?:

It is almost certainly Salvador Dali, but I just can't put a name to it - any Art lovers care to advise ?<sounds of Gav asking the wrong people on this subject, methinks>

:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  13. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

mines is (im my opinion anyway) a celtic design of the phoenix. lol. as far as what it means, i have an affinity with the phoenix. love it.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  14. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

15. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

just for the record thats no reference to me :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

This is going to get so confusing. :confused3

17. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

lol
    im sure you can get your head round it mate :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  18. littlebud

littlebud Bit Poster

My name - simple really it's what my Dad called me when I was a little girl. Why - I do not know hence the shrug.......and it quite looks like me.

:wink:

19. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

8) :cheeseyg

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Steady, lad. :wink: