WHAT DOES CF MEAN TO YOU?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I joined CF shortly after it's launch, my main reason was to give back some of the knowledge I had gleaned from using other Internet based forums like CertTutor.net. I dont think i would have completed my MCSE without the support and encouragement that I found from friends on the net.

CF appealled to me back then because of it's English centric culture, the humour and banter was something that I could easily fall in with.

As time passed I made a lot of friends here, so it slowly became a social outlet for me too, especially because I had fairly recently emigrated to Australia and was missing interacting with a my mates back in the UK.

Clearly since i joined the staff, a different level of responsibility had to be adopted. Nowadays my goal is to help try and keep things on an even keel, without being too restrictive or overbearing.

CF is a great community, it is even endorsed by Microsoft as a genuine place to visit to get sound advice. It has become one of the best IT resources of it's kind in the world.

UCM, once again I am sorry to hear that you have had some negative interaction here. You can also PM me anytime you think somebody is being unfair or unreasonable and we can discuss it.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Ah, crap. Now I'm gonna have to leave.... :twisted:

Seriously, I find it kind of hard to put into words what CF has meant to me. Here I am, a confirmed Linux nut in the middle of all the MS guys, and yet, strangely enough, I feel like I'm a part of the place. That I somehow, against all the odds, belong here.

I've worked out a lot of stress here by searching for answers to people's questions and bantering back and forth during the most stressful times I've ever experienced in 50 some years of living. I've even been, shockingly enough to me, asked if I would become more involved in some aspects. I've said no because of time restraints and because I know there are a lot of other people here a lot more qualified than I am to do something like what I was asked to do so I was very hesitant to make a bigger fool out of myself than I do just posting.

I have to say that while I was gone, I simply missed the place. There was something missing in my life that I had greatly enjoyed.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Most importantly, CF is a place where I can assist others with their IT careers, whether it be regarding experience, certification, education, or getting that first IT job. I tell it like it is, whether it's positive or negative. I've "been there, done that", and I want to pass along what I've learned over the years because I want to see you guys succeed as well. Why? Because I consider most of you guys to be friends (even those who "banter" with me occasionally :wink:), and some of you are like family to me. Those of you who *really* know me know what I'm all about on here. If I'm not providing assistance (and the occasional bit of humor :p), then I'm no longer needed. Hopefully, that never happens. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!