What do you use.

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No chance! :biggrin

Dont use the PC much these days, just the laptop. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Oh well atleast you wont have a smouldering pile of microchips the next time your on the net, I only have the one pc no laptop so I have to be careful especially because I play games too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hope not!

Do blast some compressed air through the laptop from time to time and also give it a general clean up. Been using the lapptop for a good few years now with no problems (I hope!) :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. greenbrucelee

I had a look at the back of my pc the other day and the fan outlet was covered in dust.

The problem is my PC is by my bed and every opportunity my dog gets she is on my bed especially if there is no one in and she brings dust with her.

I close my door and she scratches the carpet, she has even managed a few times to get the door open so she can get on my bed.

I know its her fault because the sky box infront of the bed gets dusty if my dog has managed to get on the bed a couple of times in the week.

I need to implement a cleaning program with air etc to clean components with.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You'll like the Antec P180B/P182B... there's cleanable filters on the fronts... my case stays pretty free of dust. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

At work they use compressed non medical air, but at home I use paint Brush and these cans from MAPLIN

Air Duster £5.99

They also have screen wipes and Antistatic cleaners:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. greenbrucelee

Cheers UCM I have been looking at the stuff from Maplins, they have just built a new store near me. I might pop down after work tomorrow.

8. dingy

dingy Bit Poster

I just use my lungs and a bit of rubber tube I got at B&Q(to keep the dust out of my hair)
    I once had to take the fan off to clean the fins on the heatsink because it was manky.It was amazing the difference it made.

Certifications: A+,N+,MCDST
    WIP: Relax
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I tend to use a vacuum cleaner. Works just fine.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685