What did Santa bring this year?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Dec 26, 2007.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Trip,

My girl got a Bratz scooter (the push along type not the motor type) and a chopper style bike, as she likes riding outside alot. Unfortunatley its been hissing it down here since xmas day so she hasn't been able to go out. But when she does she'll be on these a lot and be getting exercise.

However the reverse is true for my lad. He got some games for his PS2, big collection of WH40K models, along with an Ipod nano and other games. Nothing that would give him any exercise. But the thing is thi sis the sort of thing he likes, he's not an outside person, unlike my girl. He prefers to stay in and play computer games or make models.

However they both do get exercise in different ways. The girl gets physical exercise from here bike etc while my lad get mental exercise from his games and models. One is physically active the other mentally. While it would be nice for them both to get exercise in the same way, they are different. And it gets encouraged by the presents people by them. family and friends by the kids things that they kids liek and in thier way get the most enjoyment out of them. It would be pointless getting my lad something that gets him outside as he just hates going out, so would not enjoy it or appreciate it. My girl hasn't got the attention span long enough to play a game all the way to the end, so angian a game would be under appreciated and pointless.

Me, i got DVDs (x-files season 2, new Blade Runner collection, Lonegunmen and all Third rock from the sun!) some models (BaneBlade for WH40K big tank!) and teh usual mix of clothes. I appreciate the dvds and models but the clothes while needed aren't apprerciated as much.

The point is i suppose, that while it would be nice for everyone to get exercise etc, at xmas, i feel giving presents that would be used, enjoyed and appreciated is better. After all there's the rest of the year to encorage kids to exercise.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Oh yeah and we got a Nintendo WII. And i'll tell ya what, after playing 1 round of the boxing i knackered, who needs the gym?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

From my parents I got - 2 new tyres for my car and the tracking done, a couple of books, aftershave and the usual little bits (socks and pants, its tradition lol)

My sister got me Pro Evo 2008 and a nice "going out" top.

My gf got me a couple of Dvds, aftershave and the promise that next time I think of something i'd like, she'll buy it!

To be honest, I got other people really good stuff this year, and although expensive, it was just nice to give rather then receive. There was nothing much I really felt i'd use enough, to warrant asking someone for it.

@ Bluerinse - COD4 is brilliant :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

A phone call from PayPal asking if I had really spent £465 (I hadn't, someone had done so on my behalf).

So my prezzies come at new year, consisting of new cards (I had to cancel them)

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Let's just say it's an interim av. I'm not really satisfied with it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What happened to the old one? It was a classic! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Yeah - it was one of the best ones here!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I still have it, but felt in need of a change. I might end up switching it back, but figured I could try on something else for awhile.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have it also.

Maybe you can both feel my wrath one of these days :p

You'll see me as GBL if we ever happen to be on the same server.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

And you'll see me as 'nXPLOSiVE' :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

maybe we should set up a CF members match :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

The Shane Medaows DVD collection
    Loads of aftershave
    Sweets

An Ipod Classic 80GB but its doing my head in when I synch it with Itunes. I don't want my whole CD collection on my 40GB hard drive!!!

Is there any other mp3 converters that convert CDs to MP3 transfer them to an ipod without puting the album on my PC? My old Creative ZEN Software was quality..

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  13. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Clothes, choclates and the useually general random stuff.

However i did get Asssins Creed and Mass Effect for my 360 :D (spending lots of time free running round the cities)

First year that i didnt get 3 weeks off for xmas (thats non military life for you) so it was . erm. different.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  14. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hi everyone

Little bits and pieces, the Slash autobiography which I can't wait to start reading.

Best of all, the missus got me a present which frankly blew me away - a helicopter pilot lesson!!! I can't effing wait to do that. Could be the kickstart of a career I've always wanted to persue but always excused

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  15. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I spent Xmas eve and day with my family (as they live 80 miles away it was great!)
    Had a puncture at their house at 11pm on Xmas day, got the breakdown service out who changed the tyre but for a mini-tyre and was limited to 50 mph - didn't get home until 2.30am :(

Boxing day with the g/f family - again another really good day. The only grandchild just had his 1st birthday so enjoying playing with his toys etc.
    4 of us got some small remote control helicopters - they reached about 3 storeys high - and we're battling against each other across the street!

On the presents front, I got a nice scarf and a lovely jumper from the g/f, a few gift tokens and other bits and bobs.

My parents have brought a Nintendo Wii - played it on Xmas day on the Sports game - what excellent fun - as another poster said, the boxing really gets your working - I was pleasantly surprised at how much physical activity it gave you.

So using Linky1 and Linky2 we bought ourselves a Wii last night from Amazon - just under £180, so we can't wait for that to arrive - and have decide to call it our Xmas present to each other!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You didnt change your own wheel to the spare? :ohmy :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Merry Christmas everyone...

I got a new 3 Skype phone... a mobile phone with 3G connectivity that allows you to make and receive Skype calls away from home. I also got series 1 and 2 boxed set of Life on Mars... can't wait to start watching them. I also got a number of books, including the new Alison Weir one. Yesss...

Also, we went out for Christmas Day lunch... second year in a row... same place as last year... the food was great, although the service was a tad slow...

18. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Is it the Alison Weir I know of, and do you have a hearty interest in tudor history? Which books have you got of hers?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  19. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

LG Flatron L204WS screen to replace my 19" CRT and finally complete my custom build computer.

4GB USB Pen Drive.

SOCKS!!!! - i desperately wanted lots of pairs of the same black socks, so i could throw out my 100 black socks that i can never find a pair of and just have all the same.

Flight Simulator X Acceleration expansion pack - SO COOL!!! But i think M$ could have put a little more effort in on the Fighter jet detail/construction.

New bag to replace my way past dead rucksack, got a 'messenger' style bag this time.

Blank CD's

though even with all said cool stuff, i had more fun playing with my 4 year old nephews toys, lol, i'm such a kid at heart!!

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  20. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

My misses got the Mario vs Sonic olympics for xmas for the wii, you think boxing is harsh try doing an olympic event... thats painful :D

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well