What "certification" related thing (or lack of) do you regret the most?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Shinigami, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Meshan

Meshan Bit Poster

I always wanted to take evening classes to train to be an electrician

A little off topic but I live in an old house and it costs me a fortune to repair

Also I always wish I'd finished my A-level computer science. Jump start on my training now

Certifications: HCIMA, BIIAM, BSc (Hons),
    WIP: MCITP (70-622)
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Unless you got Part P registered you couldn't do your own electrics in the house and get them signed off. Apparently. Well, that's what him downstairs says :) and he's very pedantic when it comes to 'lectrics.

If you've got studying dreams, follow them. Studying languages in the evening is a whole break from IT - it's entirely different to the day job, so it's a hobby in its own right (for someone as diabolically sad as me!)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. anthony micallef

anthony micallef Bit Poster

I regret not leaving the Civil Service earlier and trying to get a job in IT in my early twenties instead of at 28. Now at 37 I regrest not pushing myself to start my MCSA years ago as apposed to last week!!

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I guess for me, similar to Arroryn, it was not getting into IT soon enough.

I'm not that old, but IT wasn't really a 'subject' at school when I was there and was a bit of an odd and mysterious choice at Uni.

So I pretty much wasted my higher education on things I wasn't interested in following up.

As well as that, now I'm working in a completely different field from the one I first certified in, and can't be bothered to certify all over again.

I just feel sorry for me really...

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD