What Are You Doing Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Sorting out comps/laptops into groups in WSUS and editing gpo's. Reinstalling + making images of two machines - amongst telling 'special' students that they actually need to save work or it won't be there when they next login - good times!!

Who said men couldn't multi task ;)

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Getting over what the typist here just did to her new keyboard and mouse.

I set her new wireless keyboard and mouse up this morning before she got here this afternoon. I now have them sat on my desk with the cable yanked out of the reciever.

She thought the receiver was the mouse and tried pulling it to her right hand, obviously the cable was too short and must have been snagged on something else. She pulled the thing right out. . . how she didn't notice the mouse (which was on her mousemat!!) I have no idea. . . so to answer the question properly. Right now I am ordering a new keyb/mouse.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  3. FadeToBright

FadeToBright New Member

Specing out Gigabit and PoE switches for my company.

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

If only we could solve the mystery, it could be worth millions :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: A+
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'm mooching the forums, having just put dinner on and updated my blog for the first time in eons.

I should spend a little of tonight doing the next part of my module (on Stalin) but I'm on a downer inspiration wise, so I'll probably spend the evening playing online bingo and thinking up creative ways to prank Martin. Last time I was playing an online slots game in demo mode, and called him through. The stakes were £90 a roll, and he nearly passed out before I told him it was a joke.

I do keep looking at my myriad of tech books thinking "you're all very interesting, which one shall I read first" but then I see a butterfly and wander away.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I'm watching it rain.....again.......and again....

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  8. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Currently applying patches to the servers in my end of the country - of which 2 arent talking to me any more, seriously on a Friday? thats just not right....

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Was watching CBT on DNS pt2 what he talking about!

Looking for tickets Ozzy Floyd gig

Thinking it time for abit of Fallout3 or should probably look a DNS again

me>> :microwave

10. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I know how you feel about the studying - been doing my maths courses now for about 12/15 hours a week for the past 8 weeks, feel pretty fuzzed out by them, and actually passing my Net+ is really appealing at the moment - and I'm also going through that low of inspiration.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  11. Arroryn

We're migrating to Exchange 2K7 soon so I've decided to download the trial and have a nose at it.

That's a normal thing for a 25 year old woman to do on a Friday night, right?

12. Arroryn

I know I know.

Let's start a CF OU study group. It doesn't matter we're studying different degrees lol.

13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Chapter 13 Implementing Software Restricition Policies 70-294

Hash, Certificate, Path Rule anyone, I start the bids as 1p 8)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Got bad news for you, my friend... it JUST stopped being rainy in Nashville, the ground still wet from all the rain. You've got at least another day of it, probably...

It is if she's as serious and passionate as a 25-year old guy is about technology!! ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I'm just home from work and cracked open a beer. Now I'm trying to avoid the accusing looks from my open study books a few feet away.
    Beer or study? mmm.....tricky.

:daz

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  16. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Well, so many choices, I can play some Fallout 3 because I haven't played it on eons.

OR!

I can mooch around the forums for the next hour, then play some Fallout 3.

OR!

Reinstall the OS on my laptop because I fear that 30 loopback connections, is, just, not, right. :eek:

OR!

Read my 70-290.. :twisted:

That is all 8)

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  17. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Perfectly. :sexie

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  18. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

So is today the day of rest ! or more study mm
    going to college tomorrow 1st time in seven months :oops:

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  20. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Eating a bowl of cheerios with a banana and wondering how I'm going to get back at my brother for standing me up last night on Skype, making me stay up till 11:30PM and not showing...

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+