What are you doing for New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Dec 31, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Sounds like a good time was had by the majority... Happy New Year!

Spent the night at our niece and her husbands house, playing Wii Sports until the wee small hours. Got lots of aching limbs now... going to go for a lie down... lol.

2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well sounds like you had a quiet night there Trip. As for us, stayed up with kids playing Wii untill 23:50 then watched new years fireworks in London on the BBC. Girlfriend had bottle of wine and i had a few beers and glasses of sake, even let kids have a cider or 2. Kids were in bed by 1 but we stayed up as next door were having a party and they played music till 3. Then went bed.
    Now have a bit of a small headache after getting up at 11! Kids tired but back on PC and Playstations, girlfriend in work!

I've been on twitter most of night and facebook too leaving comments for one and all. As for Mitzs's blog, its great, i've even tried oen of her tutorial much to her embarassement. Its looking good and is comming along fine. I thinks she's doing really well with it and i'm learning some PS tips from her and others. You could always just leave a comment after one of her posts you know?

Well back to more dull housework. ..... Who am i kidding? i'm just gonna sit onteh pc till g/f gets home then eat and drink some more!

Happy 2009 all!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I was once again amused by the efforts put forth my Americans to celebrate new years
    NOT

Had a few cocktails, played some games with the family, knocked that on the head at 00:10 as I had been up since 5:30 and was shattered

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Who celebrates? I was asleep. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I leapt on the opportunity of a whole day off work, where I wouldn't feel obliged to glance at my Blackberry every thirty seconds.

After working two 3:30 wake-up, 5am start shifts this week, and three the week before, and just generally pulling myself in every which direction possible without falling apart, today I fell apart :biggrin

Had a duvet day. Despite going to bed at around 1am having not touched a drop of alcohol, I didn't get up until 1:30pm. Made me and Martin sausage sandwiches, then settled in front of the lappy.

Been listening to German radio online most of the day, whilst playing Champo and preparing for the final essay for my current OU course, before starting the first course that is part of my degree track.

Back to work tomorrow, then a full weekend off too - bliss :biggrin

There's a family party on Saturday, so I'll be out at that and will find it hard-pressed to avoid alcohol completely - but I'll try to be restrained :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA