What are you doing for New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Dec 31, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Not alot this year, staying in with a few JD's and fursty ferrits. Got a family member over to stay, Nick knowles on telly, 70-291 books being skimmed, bed at 00:05.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Are you thinking what i'm thinking pinky?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

well so far we're playing raving rabbid tv party on wii and getting very drunk!

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Uh, I think so, Brain, but I'm not comfortable with posting on the forums in the nude like Arro does. :unsure

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I thought I'd turned the camera off :oops:

Wait... what? :ohmy

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I guess I missed out on all the fun. Hope you saved a few pics for me, Michael. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For me... staying home with family, watching movies and playing the Wii :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I was too busy to take pics. :eek:

err... you know, working.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Now theres and uncomfatable thought, thanks god i'm getting drunk!

Well just finsihed 28 rounds of ravin rabbids, resting now and twittering, facebooking a bit! Pass the wine vicar, i need to clense my soul!

10. Arroryn

I did get that game for Christmas in the end - most hilarious computer game I've ever had!! I recommend it to everyone. Well, everyone with a Wii...

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually just joined Facebook today. I actually have a compelling reason to have a Facebook profile (that I can't talk about right now), but it is kind of interesting. I also found out how many other people in Facebook have my name, which doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion that you'll find me. :blink

Still at work, so whatever New Years Eve is supposed to mean hasn't happened to me yet. I'm leaving in about 30 minutes. Worked through lunch, so I'll be on the other side of my eight hours when I leave. Just had a chat with one of the developers. It started out as business, but we ended up talking about all kinds of other stuff, which was interesting. I still haven't been here long enough to have more than relatively superficial personal conversations with people.

Going to practice with vi more and work on Facebook sometime over the next four days, along with my other projects.

12. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

You should try playing it with 3 kids, 2 under 16 and one over 45 after a few drinks! Only thing is its knackering at the best of times.... on pc now to cool down. Its amazing how much beer affects you after a game of that!

13. Arroryn

It's embarassing enough playing it on my own, never mind the kids part! lol.

Trip - just had a look for you. No, I can't figure out which one you are :p though curiously, when I pop your name in the search the person at the top of the list is Bluerinse... is that the secret behind your project? :twisted:

14. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

tis new year in the UK.

Have a good one everyone :thumbleft

edit: this is the first post of 2009, well from the UK anyway

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Merry New year AJ and to everyone at CF :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Happy New Year! :biggrin

First post from Scotland in 2009 :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Happy New Year to you all!

Certifications: HND Computing
  18. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Does this help? Trip's Facebook profile.

19. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Happy New Year people!

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Now for the other side of New Year's Eve...the hangover.

Of course, that doesn't exist in my case. I did have a bit of ice cream around 8 but started feeling sleepy after 9 so went off to bed. Read a chapter out of the Maltese Falcon, turned off the light and was asleep before 10 (the missus was up reading still).

My daughter had retreated to her bedroom to watch some DVD. I went into the kitchen this morning and saw an empty wine bottle and the cork remover jammed into an as yet unopened second bottle. I don't think my daughter (I know this wasn't my wife) has mastered those two-pronged wine bottle openers. She's still asleep (not yet 8 in the morning here) so I'll have to ask her later.

I did get a small surprise yesterday (besides the fact that my wife bought ice cream as a New Year's Eve treat). We got new cell phones. Our phone company signed with a new mobile career, so we had to get new hardware. As Ryan can attest, I've been using a cell phone from the dark ages when cell phones were just phones. It seems to have all the modern features including a camera and the ability to text.

That said, based on the cost of texting which I read about in this news article and my clumsy fingers, I don't think I'll be doing a lot of texting. On the other hand, it would give me a justifiable reason to try out twitter like the "cool kids" Ryan and Mitzs.

Speaking of Mitzs, I visited her new and improved blog last night. There's no "contact us" link so I couldn't just say "hi" unfortunately. I did see this morning, that I've got some new "friends" on Facebook, so I'll have to explore that when I've had more coffee.

I've seen some posts here, so at least some of you are awake and more or less functioning. How are you doing today after last night's celebrations?