What annoys you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Sep 13, 2009.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Random thread to get things off your chest. Better out than in and all that.

Just typed "70-294 study guide" into Google and got nothing but BD garbage!

Really annoys me when you want to do some research for your exams and you get a load of nefarious websites you then have to trawl through for decent info.

Parking tickets also annoy me because even though its my own fault, I might as well have set £30 on fire :x

Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lots of things annoy me, this is just some of them:

Those crap adverts on TV about training providers saying the average wage in IT is 37k

People who walk in front you of when your in town and you have to stop suddenly then they look at you as if whats just happened is your fault.

People who don't park straight in car parks

Noisey and Nosey people

People who think they know about a subject when they clearly don't who actually claim you know nothing about the subject when you do.

Smackheads

Students hired by charities to walk around city centers getting you to donate each month, it pisses me off that they are a different charity everyday but the same bloody students.

Retard managers

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

It annoys me that there are only 24 hours in a day, and this clearly isn't enough for me to do everything I want to do :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

lamb hot pot without red cabbage, whats the point. People who think they are hard , no phone signal all weekend in hexam, missing my full english this morning because i was drunk. The people who come to your door collecting for charities, not because they are collecting, but because they are targeting our estate as there are a lot of old people who they can talk into donating. The council receptionist thinking she understands a plumbing system when she is clearly reading off a pre determined list.

Rant over

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

- People who moan
    - People who always put stuff off and wonder why nothing ever changes
    - Someone dressed well wearing scruffy/dirty shoes
    - London
    - The fact that I can't eat what I want without putting on weight anymore
    - Petrol prices

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

- This damn cold, which is making me grumpy, tired and de-motivated.

- People who think because I work in IT, I must know the the intricacies of every website, software program and gadget going.

- Supermarkets.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  7. Arroryn

Ah, we're going for serious gripes then. Here's mine:

- People who eat with their mouths open (that sloppy noise makes me want to punch them in the face).

- Drivers that don't indicate.

- People who expect respect simply because they are older than you are.

- Spiders. Spiders annoy me greatly, and we have a lot in our house.

- Hypocrisy.

8. JK2447

Ah I've just thought of a great one I bet you all get! . . . .Because I work in IT, my entire family think I can fix all their PC problems, know how to wire up surround sound DVD players, programme remote controls etc!!:x Ah feel so much better getting that one out there :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  9. Arroryn

Nope, not very often.

TIP: marry an engineer :)

10. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Know what you mean, was asked to setup a Sky+ box the other day. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

Arroryn I have to completely agree on the open mouthed eating. My workmate who sits next to me does, and I really really struggle not to scream at him... Obviously I am internally. :twisted:

People on the train who talk too loudly or who have their music on too loud. Also smelly food on the train.

Thankfully, I am not the only one in my family in IT, so I don't get asked so often.

Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  12. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

constantly rescheduling my 291 exam

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  13. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

People in the North East who drive right up yer arse when its obvious what the speed limit is

People who dont listen

People who put on a fake smile and pretend they are pleased to see you (oh i want to smack them upside the head with a 2x4)

Arrogance

The fact that Stella is now 5% and like a lot of other beers in the uk doesnt taste right

The twonk in the phone recycling advert who shouts "WONGA" (2x4.....)

Tourists who go abroad for a holiday - stay in the crappy tourist area's - prop the bar up for two weeks or hang around the pool then come home and act like they have actually seen the country :eek:

Im going to stop now otherwise there will be a very large list

Certifications: MCDST MCSA
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just stick with the "known-good" providers and you'll do fine.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

How 'bout arrogant tourists from the North East who put on a fake smile and don't listen as they drive right up your tailpipe shouting "WONGA!"?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

They're the worst! The Worst I tell ya! :biggrin

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  17. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Having to go to work everyday knowing I will not have enough work to do and just sit staring at my screen watching the clock - what a waste of a day :x

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  18. JK2447

Time to move on mate

19. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

find a way to make use of the time!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  20. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

We have those. Theyre called chavs !

Certifications: MCDST MCSA