What a relife!!!!!

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Jacko the Ripper, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Jacko the Ripper

Jacko the Ripper New Member

Okay the ITSkills man came around to my house today to talk about the MCSD course that I originally wanted to take. I warned him about my lack of practical experience, but it did not seem to matter; apparently the courses come with a foundation which starts from the begining which would be greate for a newbie like me. Does anybody know anything about this? And if its worth paying £3950? Please know that I know an MCSD isn't as valuble as knowledge and experience but It's somethin to put on my CV ....If sucessful :eek:

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Jacko,

All certs are worth working towards and go hand in hand with experience. Think wisely before spending any money. Ask yourself what you want and expect for your hard earned cash.
    Hope this helps. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

just keep in mind that this guy is trying to sell you something. so naturally your lack of practical experience didn't matter to him.

as for the rest, i'm not the one to give you advice on these matters, as i am all self-study. i'm sure others here can tell you more about the ins and outs of courses and guided education.

4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

if you really are a noob to IT i wouldn't suggest that cert as it is hardly a beginner's cert.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  5. Sacs

Sacs Bit Poster

Always worth remembering that a guy after your cash is not exactly going to give you a balanced view.
    Dunno what I'd do in your shoes, perhaps get loads of info from various sites to learn with and get involved in an open source project.

Certifications: BEng Degree
    WIP: MSc Degree, MCAD/MCSD
  6. Jacko the Ripper

It's not that im a n00b to IT as a whole cause im not really (neither am i an expert ide just consider my self intermediate/advanced) but with programming ive only recently just aproached it im currently (at this second) learning how to develop solutions in visual studio with visual basic.net which so far is similar to VB6 but the actual MCSD course looks a bit intimidating so opinions in either direction will probably sway my decision :rolleyes:

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

when I did my MCSD it was mainly new to me too.
    It's a tough one and shouldn't be taken lightly.
    If you're asking 'is it possible?' then the answer is yes, sure it is.
    If you're asking 'is it easy?' then no, it isn't, it's a lot of hard work.

Mind you, certifications usually are - that's the point. If that's the area of IT that interests you then go for it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Jacko the Ripper

Well thats the best news ive heard on the subject. I am very aware of how hard it will be (otherwise whats the point) and plus the Itskills guy made it quite clear but im prepared to put time and effort in and sacrifice a lot of things I just needed to know it was posible.