Werewolves of CertForums

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'm beginning to question ever coming here in the first place :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Was it to buy a cart by any chance?

They're on special.
    I'm practically giving them away at cost.
    The cost to you, that is, not the cost to me.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Col

Col Byte Poster

Once again I have proof, if proof were needed, that I live in a village populated by illiterate and superstitious oafs. How many times to I have to tell you ingnoramii that there is no such thing as werewolves??

Certifications: A+ Network+ MCP MCDST MCITP
    WIP: CCENT Security+
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Watch him, mistress Arro. His specials aren't as special as they seems... no wheels, rotted axels, 'sun roof'... if you want quality, come to Giddy.

I told you afore , 'Honest' Jon... hah! nowt honest 'bout you my lad... you keep stealing my custom and I'll see you pay. You and your kin bring the name of this 'ere village to the gutter and I'll not 'ave it I tell you! Not at all.

Wouldn't s'rprise me if you were one of them unmentionable ones that poet keeps harping about. Where do you go at night, eh?

Watch 'im, you lot. I warn you, there's no good in his heart. :dry

5. GiddyG

Them that deny it seek only to fool the people... and why, may I ask, is that? We all know the devil is real for we've seen the horror he wreaks upon us. Them there things you mention are his children, come to feast on human flesh and turn us to his will. As it says in Jacoboah 7:45:

Lo, be wary of the Devil's own kin. They walk among us, these changelings. They will destroy us, these packs of wolves, lest we find them out and do unto them as they would have done to us. Utter not their name, for they smell your fear, kill you and yours, all you hold dear.

Me? I utter no name and I stay safe. You do as you will, but I see you're the foolish one.

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Are you the new thepardeth then??

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. Col

Col Byte Poster

Tush, man. Speaking as the only literate and learned individual in this god-forsaken backwater, I can categorically tell you there is nothing to these old wives' tales - be they about werewolves, Devils or whatever. Put your faith in the known and rational and cast aside these childish superstitions...

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Four hours left before we start,
    four slots yet unclaimed;
    four hours until roles revealed
    and the hounds of death unchained.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Cumberdale

Cumberdale Bit Poster

:aaah

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP (270,271)
    WIP: 70-272, 70-682
  10. GiddyG

Foolish churl! You know nothing of the mysteries of the Universe, the battle betwixt good and evil. That will be your downfall, yours and those other non-believers!

You think your wise words and your mighty feather will save you, but they won't.

11. BosonMichael

I had a discussion with Cumberdale regarding whether roles should be revealed upon death (or, at least, revealing whether the victim is a Villager or Werewolf). There are pros and cons to each method.

- NOT revealing the role would increase the paranoia of the village after each lynching... did we just kill one of our own? Or did we kill one of those nasty wolves? Is the Seer still alive?
    - Revealing the role would enable the Villagers and Wolves to know which side is ahead and which roles might still remain... but that comes at the cost of being able to bluff. For example, if a Werewolf bluffs about being the Seer, and then the Seer dies and is revealed, then the bluff is up.

I believe the first option would increase realism, but the second option might be preferable to some players. Revealing only whether the victim is a human/wolf but not revealing the role might be somewhat of a happy medium. Which option would you guys prefer?

1) Not revealing any information upon death
    2a) Revealing only whether the victim is a human/werewolf
    2b) Revealing the role of the victim (Villager, Seer, Witch, etc.)

If you like, we can try it one way this game and the other way the next game.

We've got until the first day lynching to decide. The first night kill will be a "neutral" Villager (meaning, none of you players).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. GiddyG

Option 1 please.

13. Col

Col Byte Poster

Yep. Option 1 sounds best to me too.

14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Yeth, option 1 thoundth good to me too.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. BosonMichael

Some last-minute notes before we start...

1) The speed of the day/night cycle will largely depend on how often you guys (particularly those with special roles) check in. For example, if the Werewolves check in only once a day, it may take a couple of days to play through one "day and night" in the game.
    2) The Werewolves will know each other, and will be able to discuss with each other (via PM) about who they want to kill that night.
    3) The Lovers will know each other, but it will be preferable if nobody knows that they are Lovers. If the Werewolves figure it out, they can kill both Lovers with one swipe. In the live game, the Lovers do not know their roles, but in this forum-based game, I will allow the Lovers to be able to PM each other freely about their roles and statuses, as they will likely share their intimate feelings and always be seeking to protect one other. In the event that the Lovers are of the same sex, you can spin it however you want... perhaps the two are close brothers who will defend one another unto death.
    4) There will be TWO unclaimed roles. They could be plain-old Villager roles, or they could be special roles (Seer, Witch, Hunter, Matchmaker). There could even be a Werewolf role in there as well, so there might not be as many werewolves as you might expect. Only the Thief (if he/she exists) will know what roles go unclaimed, as the Thief will be able to choose a role from among the unclaimed roles.
    5) The moment I reveal that you have been killed by a Werewolf, you can no longer speak in character, nor can you reveal anything about your character (in game or out of game) until the game is complete.
    6) If you are lynched by the Villagers, you will get a chance to post one final post (yelling and screaming at the rest of the Villagers about the huuuuge mistake they're making! After all, you're innocent!!) before you are dragged off and lynched by the angry mob. Afterwards, you can no longer speak in character, nor can you reveal anything about your character (in game or out of game) until the game is complete.

Any questions before we get started? 3 hours left...

16. BosonMichael

Looks like we've got all we're gonna have. We will have up to three Werewolves this game (small chance of only two Werewolves if they're in the unallocated roles). I will be distributing roles momentarily.

17. BosonMichael

Sorry, had a meeting to attend.

Each of you should have received your role by now. Please let me know if you have not received it.

The Lovers have not yet been chosen by the Matchmaker. If you are chosen to be one of the Lovers, you will receive another PM that states who your secret partner is. However, you will not know who the Matchmaker is. As a Lover, you can send PMs to your mate and reveal your role, if you wish.

You can begin discussing amongst yourselves who you want to take the role of Sheriff. But keep in mind that the Lovers have not yet been chosen, and that might affect who you personally want for Sheriff...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  18. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Do not loose faith my child for the lord hath faith in you.

I have sent correspondence to Rome for guidance through this horror that hath beset Bosonville, may the lord have mercy upon our souls

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  19. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

well oi fer wan wont be suggesting any used cart salesman... They ga' me an 'ole an said its me open sunrov! Thing was, dere was no sun! oo needs a sunrov with no sun??

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  20. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Several ye olde shacks for sale

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job