Well, I'm here...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Anonymouse, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Anonymouse

Anonymouse Bit Poster

I've just signed up for the MCAD course and I'm waiting for the first batch of course materials. I keep wondering, "Almost £3000 for a course? What the hell was I thinking?", but I'm committed now (or should that be 'I should be committed'?), and looking forward to it.

Whenever I can manage to suppress the feeling of panic, that is.

Right, I'm off to get something to eat, then it's off to work. If I didn't need this job to pay for my course...urgh.

Karl Jackson (or Anonymouse...don't ask. Long story.)

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Karl /Anonymouse (let us know your preference :P )

Welcome to CertForums - when you read a few of the Topics, you'll get what we're all about ! Congrats on being no. 57 on here !

I believe its now customary to invite you to contribute to the "What Do You Do" post (no obligations, tho' :oops: ) Can't for the life of me think where I last saw it tho' :scratch I know it's around here somewhere !

A fellow member will help out shortly ...Enjoy your time here :!: :P

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the asylum, erm I mean CertForums.

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave :!:

Being a :newbie here is ok here because you'll soon feel at home. :D

4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi Karl, welcome as a :newbie to certforums. Hope you stick around and get to know the other members here. As Jak pointed out drop a post in the "what do you do thread" LINK

Anyway, glad you could join us here and hope you return. :tomato

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the mad world of certification

Post away

:D

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum, Karl. Gav suggested you might want to post in the "What Do You Do?" thread and I thought (assuming you want to do it) you might appreciate a link to that thread here: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139 It's a multi-page thread so make sure you read through all of them and get to know the rest of us as well. :)

Oops. :oops: In speed reading through this thread, while noticing Gav's post, I failed to notice that Si had already posted the link in question. Mea culpa.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Anonymouse

Anonymouse Bit Poster

No prob. I'm a bit calmer now as regards the course costs; I'd somehow got it into my head that it was going to cost £400 or so a month, but it actually works out at around £250. I can afford that okay; I might not even need the career development loan. Just as well, I hate being in debt.

8. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Welcome Anonymouse!!! :wink:

By the way - what does MCAD stand for not heard that one before.

Good luck and look forward to talking to you in the future!

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor