Welcome Phoenix!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by tripwire45, Jan 30, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi. Since you posted in the "What Do You Do?" forum but had not yet posted here, I thought I'd take the liberty of starting a thread in your honor (uh...I guess that's "honour" in the UK). Welcome. Please make yourself at home. I hope you enjoy the company. You mentioned something about a study group in London. We'd love to hear more.

I suppose you're a "Phoenix Without Ashes", huh? Sorry, it was a television pilot written by Harlan Ellison quite sometime ago. I enjoyed the novelization he did of his screenplay and have always been captured by the title. My bad.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome Phoenix, make yourself at home. Help were you can and ask as many questions as you like.

:D

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hello Pheonix, 8) welcome to the site - feel free to have a good look around and make yourself at home. :P

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Thanks for the warm welcome all
    I am currently working on my CCSP and CCIE then onto the CCIE-Security, so getting quite busy, also updating to MCSE:2003:Security which is fun, already have the Security+ and i'm hoping to start my MSc at the University of London this fall/autumn in Information Security (can you spot the trend) look forward to any help you guys might have, and any help I can provide, I went through the cert craze last time I was unemployed but had a steady job for over a year when i resigned, so I maybe out of touch, dont think the MCSE:2000 has changed that much though ;)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Wow, Phoenix! That's quite an "alphabet soup" after your name. Judging by your having both your MCSE NT and 2000, it seems you've been around a little while. Good. We need someone a little older to balance out these "wet-behind-the-ears" kids (like Si and Gav) inhabiting this place. :lol: :wink:

As you've most likely been able to tell by now, we enjoy a bit of good natured humor here. Enjoy the place and again, welcome.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Welcome, Phoenix - kick back and put your feet up. Your more than welcome in our bizarre little backwater. :oops:

Hope to speak more soon :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

"wet-behind-the-ears" kids (like Si and Gav) :dry :noway

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

:lol: Guess that leaves Trip a bit "red-around-the-face" then :oops:

:lol: :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

:oops: You got me on that one. I hadn't tied the two together. I saw "MCSE NT 4.0" and made my fatal assumption. Apologies all around gang. I goofed.

10. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Now we've sorted that out lets get back to making Phoenix a little more welcome, come on guys is this the best you can do?