weird question

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by _omni_, Aug 29, 2005.

1. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yeah, don't use braindumps!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I hate to be a wet blanket (again) but there seem to be two issues here. One is that it looks like you are posting copywritten material which we can't do. The other is the name of your source seems to be a braindump site which we can't have either. Might be a good idea for you to edit your post, omni. I could do it for you but I'd like to give you first shot at it.

I'm not against trying to answer your query but you'll have to reword it so that it no longer is information that belongs to the original source.

Thanks.

EDIT: I decided that I couldn't allow the name of the dump site up so I edited that part for you omni. Please remove the copywritten material.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

um...edit what? its not from a braindump, its from a moc exam...can i not post it?

5. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

are they not good?

6. drum_dude

You said it was from T*****? They're not MOC in any shape or form. T%%%%% sell braindumps, it's common knowledge in the cert communities.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Not if it's copywritten material. It belongs to whoever published it and cannot be reproduced without permission. I know a lot of members aren't aware of this but we've been taken to task in the past for posting copywritten text.

If you can find a way to significantly reword the question so that it no longer resembles the original, then post it and we'll all take a crack at it. Sorry to sound so heavy handed about it, but we like to play by the rules. Thanks.

8. drum_dude

Forgot to mention this, Braindumps are the actual questions of the exam.

9. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

so whats bad about using braindumps then?

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I've really got to get on Gav about getting into the content filter and preventing certain words (like the names of dump sites) from appearing when they are posted. Sorry DD, but I substituted a bunch of asteriks for the dump site name. We don't feel like giving their names any air time here.

Omni, a braindump site is one that acquires all of its test questions and answers illegally. Here's how it works. A person takes a cert exam. Whether they pass or not doesn't matter. When they take the exam, they electronically sign a Non Disclosure Agreement stating that they won't tell *anyone* about *any* of the content of the test.

The second they get out of the test, they write down as much content from the test as they can remember and then post them to a braindump site such as the one you previously referenced. The dump site exploits the information and usually advertises and even brags about how they've got the real test questions and answers.

Dump sites are not only bad because they are illegal, their information is usually very dodgy. After I come out of a cert exam, I'm lucky to remember my own name let alone the questions that were on the test...accurately that is. Also, I couldn't possibly guarentee that all of the answers I gave...as far as I could remember them, were accurate. What makes you think that the people who contribute to the braindump site are able to accurately puke up the real questions and answers?

You are putting a lot of trust in untrustworthy people when you use a braindump site, plus you are supporting fraud.

Long story short...*don't* use braindumpers.

11. drum_dude

Whats bad? Having all the answers to the exam questions is whats bad - this is normally called CHEATING. Sort of makes a mockery out of the whole certification process.

Hope this helps...

cheers

12. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

ok sorry. thanks for clearing it up.

i will ask this then:

1. user A is an employee of "a random company".
    2. user B is a new employee of "a random company".
    3. user A has a PC.
    4. the PC's OS is Win XP PRO.

5. user A is no longer employed at the company.
    6. user B takes over user A's position.
    7. user B needs access to all of user A's documents.
    8. user A has removed the local administrator's account from (his/her) file's NTFS permissions list.

9. you log on as the local admin and try to give user B the same permissions as user A had to all the files that that user A had access to. you receive an "access denied" error message. what to do?

now wouldnt the logical thing be to rename user A's account to user B?

13. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I won't give you an answer, but I'll show you what you need to study.

Have you studied acl's, dacl's, ntfs permissions, and how accounts work in XP? If so, what do you see that could go wrong with renaming an account in an attempt to give it ntfs permissions that were orignally given to another account?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  14. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

well the original account would lose all its previous settings, permissions, everything. but its a new account, perhaps nothing has been done with it yet.

15. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You aren't thinking this through yet, or you don't understand what's happening in the scenario and the relationship between permissions, accounts and file ownership. You really need to do some studying because you don't have a good grasp of this subject yet. Just an answer to this question won't really give you what you need to know.

I know that's probably a frustrating answer, but it's the same one I always gave my stepkids when they were growing up and just wanted answers rather than understanding. I'd much rather teach you to fish than give you a fish, if you know what I mean.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  16. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

just a hint? cmon :(

17. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

There is your hint :dry

I suggest you try it out on your own computer, test it out and practise and play, then you will learn.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  18. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

i dont see how that affects anything. the local admin simply doesnt have access to user A's files, but he can still rename user A's account. but i will try it.

19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The local admin is the local admin whatever happens he can do anything. The question is what does he do if a user has removed his name from the ACL?

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member