WeightLoss and Exercise Regime help

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by drum_dude, Aug 7, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I always say the exercise will be the best thing to get rid of any weight that you dont want, but you need to put the efffort in im afraid, as for the food try a program called cook yourself thin, as it shows you how to halve the calories without halving the taste.

One example is fizzy drinks, there is a ton of sugar in them, so i watch this program and she made a mized fruit cordial, that has 2 lemons and limes, juice and zest of, 4 oranges, juice and zest off, 500g mixed berries, and 500g of honey. Boil these up and then mash it alll through a sieve. The let it cool down, or if you have a cold drink neat and hot. Add sparkling spring water and you have a fizzy drink that doesnt have all the calories, and because it contains honey , the energy is burnt more slowly.

Loook on the website at channel 4 .com. I still eat full brekkies but i grill as much as i can, and with the excess oil, even virgin olive oil, i place the bacon, sausages, eggs, black pud, on kitchen paper to blot all the excess oil, as a table spoon of olive oil, contains 500 calories.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Dunno what oil your using but the standard oil stats are:
    39 calories in 1 teaspoon
    78 calories in 2 teaspoons
    119 calories in 1 tablespoon

besides the fact that calories dont mean too much, if you ate a 2000Cal steak vs 2000Cal of bread after a week you would see that you would put on more weight with the bread option

3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I was hovering around 15stone and at 5ft 10 was way over weight. Loosing my job at the time was great for my health as I started at the gym and lost 1stone to fill the days in. I still go to the gym twice a week and also have cut out a load of junk food and eat much better. I've put most of the weight back on but in muscle as I'm back on the weights.

My secret weapon is I also do a shake everyday of frozen strawberries, rolled oats, whey protein, skimmed milk and drinking yougurt. I blend it in a smoothie maker for breakfast and that keeps me going for the morning.

In a nutshell exercise more and eat better and more frequently.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

quality

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  5. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

As an update, im now 14.5st (17.5 @ beginning of summer) and Sexy 8) gym membership next month as its now taking 60-70 pushups to failure!

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've lost a total of 30 pounds over the past 3 months... down from 210 to 180. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I would be gutted, I hate losing money 8):biggrin

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  8. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

I've been on a whisky diet this week. I've lost two days already. 8)

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  9. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Don't let the door hit you on the way out..... :twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10