Website appraisement needed

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by tony, Nov 22, 2010.

1. tony

tony New Member

Hi guys I have a brief of a site but don't know real price of such a work and how long it could take to code. Can I get some professional advices please. Thank you!!!

Hi there I’m looking someone who can design a database driven web site for a company. Below I will write a sketch of main site functionality. The site won’t be big. Most important is site functionality. But also I will need a graphic design. Here are the details of site functionality. Please let me know will you be able to implement such a site, functionality, design, how long will it take and how much will it cost to complete entire site? If it is possible I would like to know prices and details of separate parts of this project: site domain, site hosting, search engine optimization, graphic design, site and data base programing, price of site maintenance per month without large changes, large database and site amendments if we will need them. How will be implemented data base: weather it will be some kind of CMS or coded what programing language and what type of database will be used? How and when do you want to be paid for this work (weather it will be one-time payment after overall job completion and we 100% happy or by steps during work progress)?

The site functionality

Internal site functionality must have 3 different types of registered users with different roles: site admin, freelancers and clients. Now only 2 of them: freelancers and clients have public accounts but with different priorities. Each of public account must have ability to register to the site throw registration form (and/or created by site admin).

Freelancer and client must have ability to communicate to each other with personal messages without moderation of site administrator.

Now let’s say client want to order some kind of goods or services so he is transferring money throw some kind of payment. NOTE: this function is not required to be a part of site functionality at least for now, because anyway each financial operation will be manually checked by site administrator.

So now when site administrator gets money from the client he confirms that he got X amount of money from appropriate client and this confirmation must be seen on website to all 3 sides and must be written to log file. NOTE: this function must not be seen to entire user role but to individual client, individual freelancer and administrator.

Individual client must see some kind of sign on his personal page (let’s say red light becomes green and text by this light changes from “payment needed” to ”payment approved”).

Freelancer must see some kind of sign on his personal page (let’s say red light becomes green and text by this light changes from “client needs to make payment” to “you can start to operate”).

Site administrator must have ability to independently activate these confirmations to both (client and freelancer) after he gets payment. And it must be written to log file. In log file must be written date and time of confirmation.

After they (client and freelancer) finished negotiations and for example freelancer accomplished his job (send goods to client or made some kind of services or made some part of the job if the job consist of several steps). Now client must have ability on his personal page in segment Payments to make confirmation that he got what he wants from freelancer and that particular amount can be deducted from him (client). This operation must be written to log file too.

Now after client confirms that site administrator and freelancer must see that confirmation on those sides.
    Administrator now can get money from client and send payment for freelancer.

Freelancer on his personal page must see his clients (the client he have been working for) confirmation and now he can get paid for his job by administrator.

Here was major site functionality.

Now administrator can edit everything on the site (content, pages etc.)

Also site require statistical page with number of payments in last 24h, week, month etc., the amount of overall money transferred during last 24h, week, month etc. Statistics must be changed after each financial operation.
    Require Support page with communication system where freelancer or client can discuss with site administrator about the core of the problem.

Site need to have password recreation system (if user forgot his password).

In the future site will need changes. For example may be required to implement referral system where let’s say one freelancer brought another freelancer to work for this company so first one will get some extra bonuses for each new worker he brought. So may be required some kind of automated calculations to implement that on website. Can be some e-commerce too.

2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

The description isn't as detailed as it should be, but I know what you're getting at, and you'll probably be looking at around 40 hours to get things sorted.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. tony

tony New Member

Thank you dazza786 for quick respond. Do you mean 40 hours to script whole site or part you quoted? What about graphics and all other things? Any more suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010