Web usage proggy

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonD, Oct 12, 2010.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I was going to post a snarky response saying 'you got an inference based on a single four-word sentence'... but then I went and re-read it and you're right, I did make it sound like I was about to get all Jim Gamble on his ass :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Create a domain, deploy a proxy, join laptop to domain and force internet usage through proxy!

Maybe something like this? http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/

or sack her :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  3. Kell john

Kell john Banned

That's quite a bit of information, especially over mobile web.

4. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

agreed:biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Just disconnect the internet and tell her to get back to work if not fire her!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Do you have the possibility of configuring your router with allowed access times so that you can only access the internet at certain times ie when you get home?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. RandyFears

RandyFears Bit Poster

Glad to hear that the wee fella is doing well. There are plenty of stealth software solutions for monitoring or even remote accessing without the end user knowing as well as afore mentioned keyloggers etc. I'm a dad and one of my kids is 3 and type 1 diabetic so i fully understand any fears regarding the safety and well being of your own flesh and blood, especially when in the trust of others. Thing is the above statement of "invasion of privacy", is a pretty fair one and a path that does need to be tread carefully. Things like this can always backfire and i'm not suggesting that it would in this case, however, think for a minute about if you read a story about a guy who was spying on his young au pair whilst his wife was at work. What would be your first honest thought when you read the story?

Whenever we place our children in the responsibility of others there always needs to be trust which is why often our first choice is with parents or family members. I agree with the others about really just having a talk with her about it. Good point mentioned above about maybe she felt it was a shared role with your mother being there as she may have felt she was intruding on your mothers time with the kids? I guess what i am saying is you need to think to yourself "do i really trust this girl and would she cope if there was ever an emergency with any of my children?" Sadly, if the answer is no then it may prove prudent to look for somebody where you feel you could answer yes to that question.

It's just my opinion mate but i agree with the mature and ethical approach rather than the technical one.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Certifications: never enough
    WIP: so many and so little time
  8. RandyFears

RandyFears Bit Poster

Me too. Now if the wife would just go off to work when i came home.....perfick! :cheers

Certifications: never enough
    WIP: so many and so little time