Web design certs

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Angus, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Angus

    Angus Nibble Poster

    I have been doing a course on MCSE for the last year or so, but have decided I might prefer to do something in webdesign. I have built a couple of sites and have another four to do.

    Does anyone know of what kind of qualifications there are out there or what are exams like ?

    I have been using Dreamweaver MX and have also done a bit in HTML. Recently I have tried Fireworks to do a few basic things,buttons, banners and the likes. So far I have just been using tutorials from the net, but would like to do more about proper courses.

    Any info would be great.

    Certifications: A+ , MCP
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

    SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

    Must have missed this post before angus. Not sure about a cert for web design. I know that macromedia do have a certification program but not sure of providers in the UK. LINK TO MACROMEDIA SITE
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. flex22

    flex22 Gigabyte Poster

    The training provider I'm with have a course for the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW).

    I spoke to a fellow student who had changed from MCSE to CIW because he wanted to do more with websites, same predicament as you, so it might be worth looking at.

    I found this link http://www.itdistancelearning.co.uk/ciw.htm which has a list of the exams needed.
  4. Angus

    Angus Nibble Poster

    Thanks for that Si and Flex, i will have a look through them .


    Certifications: A+ , MCP

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.