web certifications?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by zet, Sep 4, 2009.

1. zet

zet Byte Poster

Hey guys,

I was talking to a friend of mine recently and had explained to him about IT certifications available and how they're valuable etc. He himself is a web developer and was inquiring about getting certified in that field. I know this is a IT forum but I was wondering if anyone had a few links/resources he could look up to see which certifications etc he should be going for.

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
    Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Personally, I don't see the benefit in certifications for Web designers, particularly when a well-designed e-portfolio is what employers want to see.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

See here for CIW resources.

-Obie

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  4. Torrix

Torrix Bit Poster

I am in the process of starting out and asked a very similar question, in the end I decided to go down the road of self teach and create a portfolio - gain a reputation and get things that way.

The other option was paying for a course and getting a cert at the end. (I may go for an exam if I need one to work for an actual company etc – depends on what they want/need)

Note – I never thought about using the same idea out of the “web design” context - but when I look at my dads own company he has 20 years experience in decorating and gets all his work from reputation and portfolio, he has no qualifications..! (For once in my life I might listen to my dad)

WIP: MSTS & MSPD