Wanted guidance for CCENT

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by vinaysagar123, Aug 25, 2011.

1. vinaysagar123

vinaysagar123 New Member

Hi, I am preparing for CCENT through CBT Nuggets video classes.
    Do you think, its enough preparation, or can some recommend me some good training.
    I am going to take test in 2 weeks from now. Is it enough time for me?
    Thanx everyone
    Vinay

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

That depends on your experience... If you never touched any cisco equipment, you should get the cisco press book too, it has stuff that is not availble on the cbt nuggets.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. certnerd

certnerd Bit Poster

Hi,

I'm sounding like a cracked record (gave same advice to another post yesterday) But have you considered looking for a local Cisco Network Academy? Instructor led course, plenty of hands on labs, real kit and best of all a class of like minded individuals for support. Cost was much cheaper than the commercial courses. You even get Cisco certificates to say you have attended.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

You will also need to get a book to study from. As Prof suggested, get the Cisco Press books. The CBT's are great, but don't have the depth of information required to pass (the Cisco Press does, and also includes a great set of practice test questions).

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP