want a career in it .am very new....please help with any advice

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Georgiesickjitz, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Firebrand-Robert

Firebrand-Robert Bit Poster

For the record I have no knowledge of this person working for Firebrand Training. I'm hoping that their explanation for us just being on their mind is all it is.

Logically if we were trying to subvert the boards somehow I don't think we'd actually say who we are!

As for the question/answers I'd agree with the consenus so far put forward as no one will hire you just because you have a cert but with no experience. They might credit you with determination for investing in yourself which might give you an edge to get a foot on the ladder, regardless of how you studied.

Robert.

2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I think you need to take a step back and start over, you're making a bad impression. Just my thoughts.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. Firebrand-Robert

Firebrand-Robert Bit Poster

Help me out here. How am I making a bad impression?

4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I think people are confusing you with the OP

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It confused me. I went from one post to the next and thought "this guy has learnt how to write properly pretty quickly".

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Perhaps an Admin should remove the "firebrand" from "georgie" as he's clearly not representing the company and is therefore surely in breach of forum rules regarding usernames ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Sorry mate, it was confusing. My apologies. :oops:

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  8. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

wow crazy how people are reacting to a name.im on here for possitive feed back,so please,i would rather you not comment.come on guys im new at this.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

its the fact that you are called firebrandgeorgie which suggests you work for them like firebrandrobert who actually does work for them. Thats why people have got confused and thought you were maybe trying to spam the forum as you made quite a few threads in a few minutes.

Just a misunderstanding but you must see that it has caused confusion.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

trip wire ,thank you very much for your message.i totally agree with what you said.i know that of course i have to start at the bottom.this is the apeal to me.knowing there is the obvious career ladder in front of me ,really makes me optomistic for a future.I have been looking in to so many routes of learning,and i guess im just thinking out loud.
    secondly how the hell do i change my name on this site.iv feel i have looked every where.thanks again for you imput

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Ask a mod or an Admin like trip by sending a private message, just click on the persons name then select private message. They'll be able to do it for you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They didn't do anything when someone with Boson as part of their name registered and posted... :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!