W3Schools Certifications?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by mattstevenson, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Hi all,

I've been doing some digging for some more certs to pursue, and I came upon these interesting offerings from W3Schools. They're all self study, using their free online material. They provide quizzes so that you can test your knowledge, and I believe that the exams are based upon the material covered in the online lessons.

It's $75 to take the exam for HTML, which is where I'd be beginning. Do you think it'd be worth the cash? Is it likely to be recognised in the UK?

All I'm actually after here is to get something on paper to say that I can handle some web based tasks. I think it should be ideal.

Thoughts please?

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  2. Len

Len Byte Poster

I'd just self teach (X)HTML, CSS and Javascript. I think the way to go is to produce a small portfolio of work instead of working towards a certificate on this.

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Definately, what Len said. No certification will make you get into web development business. Every possible customer will want to see your portfolio and not the certification.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure