VR Gaming

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by zxspectrum, Apr 9, 2021.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Has anyone got a VR headset?

I have upgraded to the quest 2, which I really like, there are some cracking games out there, however the one I am really getting into is called contractors, which is a first person shooter. You have to manually reload your weapons, which can be tricky at first and then also find your ammo, again tricky but after a bit it becomes second nature. I think this game will really make me wet myself when the version for the quest supports some old skool game maps like MW, MW2 and MW3, there are rumours of BF4 maps as well but they are all in the dev stage. However, looking at the map in the link below and if you remember Crash then this is going to be one hell of a party.

Never in my lifetime did I think I would be actually in the maps that I used to love 10-15 years ago. The other good part about this is some of the people I used to play these games with have a Quest, this game and also used to play MW back in the day.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Bought my son a quest 2 and we absolutely love it. We had a playstation VR but there was so many wires and the camera all this, pretty rubbish compared the the Oculus IMHO. Love the star wars games on it and I bought the walking dead on it for me, ace!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. zxspectrum

If you like table tennis, get eleven table tennis, really good to play

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I love my Quest 2. Really enjoyed Alyx. Got a ton of games I need to play but just no time these days.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
    JK2447 likes this.
  5. JK2447

Top Poster
    of the Month

Have this exact problem mate and need to curb buying games until I've played what I've got. I was a little skeptical on how good the graphics could be without a computer, but they're honestly brilliant aren't they. My best buy in a long time the Quest 2

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    BosonMichael likes this.
  6. BosonMichael

Curb buying games? lol, you so funny. You have to buy them when they're on sale and let them sit. ;)

I actually prefer playing the games that require me to be connected to PC where I can use my super-awesome graphics card. I've got a Link cable, but I often use Virtual Desktop to connect wirelessly. And Oculus just announced AirLink, a free wireless update which should be coming soon.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    JK2447 likes this.
  7. JK2447

Top Poster
    of the Month

I love a bargain. Especially when I can’t keep up and I’m like. Oh wow, isn’t that still new?! It’s probably been out for two years ha ha

yeah who am I kidding. Gamer forever :redtowel:

8. BosonMichael

I've started streaming my game playthroughs on Twitch. Currently playing through Mass Effect. You might say I'm a bit behind......

JK2447 likes this.
  9. JK2447

Top Poster
    of the Month

ha ha I absolutely love Mass Effect. Superb game, I completed that so long ago, loved it

10. BosonMichael

I am probably a bit more than halfway done. Unsure what I'll stream next...

JK2447 likes this.
  11. zxspectrum

JK2447 likes this.
  12. LiamWilliam

LiamWilliam New Member

Hey folks, stumbled upon this thread and had to chime in! Just hopped on the VR train with a Quest 2. Loving it. Contractors sounds like a blast, the whole manual reload thing sounds frustratingly fun. Nostalgia hits hard – imagining those old school MW maps in VR is mind-blowing. Crash map? Count me in for that VR party! Btw, guys, have you heard of bubble cash legit? You can make some extra money by playing it, you should check it out. Just curious what you think about it.

13. Istaryan

Istaryan New Member

It's incredible how VR technology is allowing us to step into the worlds of our favorite games from the past. The nostalgia factor combined with the immersive experience must be amazing. Enjoy your time in those classic maps with your friends! ️