VPN Issues

Discussion in 'Networks' started by cmcinnes, Apr 21, 2005.

1. cmcinnes

cmcinnes Bit Poster

Hi All

Have a rather tricky one on my hands here, i have been asked to enable our IP Phone network to be used from home (basicallly hook the phone into the router at home and VPN to the network). I have tested this and in theory it is possible what i am stuck with is this.

We have a private 10.x.x.x network but the routers are on a 192.168.x.x, now in order to get the IP phones to communicate with the VPN we need to have internet connection sharing enabled, but in order to get this working we need 2 IPs bound to the one card, which you cant have if you enable connection sharing. Isthere any way of getting round this

Thanks

Chris

Certifications: HNC,HND Computer And Network Support
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hiya m8 - you OK ?

Thinks AJ may be the man for this - sling up a can of beer and he'll be here in a flash :wink:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. cmcinnes

cmcinnes Bit Poster

Hi Gav

Yeh im fine we have given up on the internet conection sharing idea and decieded to go for VPN servers at each side of the network, just configuring them just now so i will let you know ho i get on bud

Cheers

Chris:blink

Certifications: HNC,HND Computer And Network Support