Voice Operations Analyst - Ambigious Job Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Indo77, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Indo77

Indo77 Nibble Poster

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if I could ask you folks to share your feedback and opinions in relation to a job interview I am going for on Tuesday. The Recruitment Agent who got me the interview has sent me an email informing me that the interview is 1 hour 30 minutes long and this has terrified me. This is my first IT interview, and although I have plenty of interview experience in the past, I have never had an interview go beyond 30 minutes (for any job!). This is the direct quote from the email she sent me

Your interview will be both questions and answers format and will focus on your commercial experience, how it would match the role and team which they are recruiting for and how you would work within the team and Citigroup as an organisation. You should have a good understanding on the nature and duties of the role and what your commercial experience/skills would bring to the role.

Also refer to the company website www.citigroup.com which will give you information which will help you to prepare for your interview, you should also have strong knowledge of Citigroup as an organisation.

Is there any sort of Questions and Answers material online that could help me prepare for this interview. The job description is as follows.

Job Purpose:
    • To manage and resolve web-based tickets for Voice Services, using the information gained therein to update and manage the Citigroup extension number database.
    • Provide back up for the Move Co-Ordinator.

Job Background/context:
    • Working within a team of people in an operational technology/information management environment.
    • Managing and processing Virtual Requests for voice services, ensuring that the appropriate databases and records are updated.
    • ‘Customers’ of the department are internal Citigroup personnel mainly based in London although liaison with other UK sites will be required. Contact is daily and continuous.

Key Responsibilities:
    • Process web-based Virtual Request tickets and update Dirigent, the extension number database, in a timely and accurate manner. This activity will normally take approximately 80% of the working week.
    • Prepare the weekly Spare Number Allocation spreadsheet in a timely manner.
    • Complete the end of day process to update the Online Directory, PeopleFind and Closed User Group.
    • To provide information to other Voice teams as required.
    • Provide cover for the Move Co-Ordinator when required.
    • Investigate all uninitialised/low usage London voicemail boxes monthly.
    • Check/Update VSM processes and procedures monthly.
    • Interrogate the Dirigent database for information at the request of Voice Systems Management and other Voice teams.
    • To assist in the completion of Voice related entitlement reviews on a regular basis.
    • Assist in annual checks of all Online Directory information.
    • Key stakeholder in meeting the departmental Service Targets.
    • Perform Dirigent database cleansing exercises.
    • Provide weekly/monthly stats as required.
    • Ensure compliance with audit requirements.
    • Attend regular team meetings.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) HNC
  2. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Hi Indo77

Wow...bet you saw that and had second thoughts!! Well I wouldn't look too far in to it if I were you. It seems that the Agent has said it all "Your interview will be both questions and answers" meaning...its like any interview! I think they are just saying that "here is a large national company who would expect you know who and what they are".

With regards to the 'Key Responsibilities'..it looks like they have dug deep to mention every little thing..I'm surprised they did not mention about putting the kettle on either!! Honestly...To put it in to context..take your current employment, now in your head list all the things you do...now I mean list them...one by one in detail..you will find that you have a list just as big as the one they have come up with...even though it looks quite a lot, on a daily basis its would be a normal day!

I would go to the interview with your head held high, be honest when you are asked a question you do not know the answer to...but remember, when you are being asked about something you have not done before try to link it to something similar that you HAVE done and explain this!

OK so I like to go on a bit but honestly do not worry, you will probably find that that 1 1/2 hours turns into 30 minutes on an interview, a few minutes filling in a quick question sheet and you will be on ya way home before you know it!

All I can say it...don't get yourself all worked up....try to learn as much as you can from the person interviewing you and get yourself to that site and do some background work.

Good luck...let us know how you get on :thumbleft

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yup totally agree with Gman he said it all.

Go in there and show them that you can learn and adapt to any given situation and will be productive in no time. Given the appropriate training that every employer has to give to any new employee. Remember nobody is productive when they first start a new job.

Good luck!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)