Vista RC1

Discussion in 'Software' started by michael78, Sep 14, 2006.

1. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Yes Nelix you are spot on....but to be a member of the Micrsoft Partner program is very easy...you fill in a form on their website and as long as you can show your business is I.T based and uses MS software (they just have a look at your website) then you are in! Its also free to be a registered member and you don't have to jump through hoops like you do to be a certified member :D

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok people there has been a revolution...it seems Microsoft have now decided to make RC1 of Vista public which u can get here for those who were unable to before. simply sign in with MSN passport (or if u havent registered I think its still ok) and away u go...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

nice link noel :)

4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

no probs jack...I knew a few of the others wanted to download it but were having problems so now its been made public it should all be ok...:biggrin

5. Paul_o

Paul_o Nibble Poster

trying to install it under vmware, its got to windows is loading software and it has stopped at that for about an hour. i have heard it can take upto 3 hours to install but it does not seem to be doing anything?

Certifications: C&G Advanced diploma in network support
  6. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

What benefits does this give you ? do you get all the technet stuff sent to you for nothing then ?

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I haven't got RC1 to install in VMWare either, I didn't have any problems getting Beta 2 installed though.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

It works ok on Virtual PC although it does take a while to install :biggrin

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  9. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Works fine on my laptop, just a shame there isnt much 64bit stuff available to run with it

MIck

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

maybe I am losing my mind...but I just got a text from a friend of mine who just told me that Vista RC2 is out...I cant find this on M$'s website and the reliable source I normally visit doesnt have anything about it either...he says he was told this by his IT college tutor that one of the guys there has installed it...anyone else able to clarify this?

11. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Wrong end of a long stick I reckon Noel.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I thought as much...altho he is still adamant there is an RC2 out there...I have searched hi and low for it...and all I could find was a torrent which stated it was actually Beta 2 and not RC2...apparently the guy at his college says u have to be a member of Microsoft Connect in order to get it...well I went onto there and still cant find anything. I told him to send me the link when he gets home...so we will see...but I dont think its true either...and if it maybe he is talking about Vista Beta 1 and then they must have released RC2 or something for that...but even so I aint heard anything cos I normally get the inside scoop first...

13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well its happened and as we speak I am now downloading the latest release...otherwise known as Release Candidate 2...lets hope this really is the last one before the full release...even if it isnt I hope its better than RC1...download here :biggrin

EDIT: According to my source of Vista info, Microsoft say this will be the last build before the full version is released. So guys get working on it...send as many bug reports possible (I know I will and I dont send that many!!) and lets hope we can help to get Vista fully ready for that release date of Jan 30th 2007...:biggrin...of course if u aint with me I dont mind going alone and carrying the flag for CF! :iluvcf :salut

14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

If we don't see you for a few weeks we know the upgrade wen't belly up :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

hehe...dont worry you will see me...in fact I will be installing it 2nite and u will see me online again 2nite...:biggrin