vista network and connection properties

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leehaa, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

I'm trying to remote into a laptop for a customer cos he is using a 3G wireless card, and having trouble accessing his email, but can access everything else ok.

When he sent out a connection invitatiob (via ULTRA VNC) when connected via the wireless card, I got an "unknown protocol" error message...

...so have got him to connect to his LAN, and send the invitation again, which was fine...

...so I tried looking at the LAN TCP/IP properties so I can compare them against the wireless, and it is soooooooo slow (takes about 3-4 minutes to open anything and see it at this end)...I managed to get to the network connection properties, but as soon as I went to open it, I was thrown off the session...

Anyone know why this was? (It's not happened when I've done the same on an XP/ 2000 client before)

Cheers

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Possible permissions? maybe you havent got the full admin rights...did u get the annoying UAC box popping up at all?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Do you think?

no error messages at all - it was like the connection was interrupted / lost

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

hmmm...interrupted you say? possibly he might have disconnected it without knowing? I still say something on his end is stopping you from getting further...firewall settings and such...I would check every possible avenue...you never know...

You say ur connected via Ultra VNC, maybe something on that?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Is it compatible with vista? Also, according to the site it only works on win32 platforms, so is the guy running a 64bit version of vista. Theres also a video driver that needs to be used for vista according to their site. Its available here.
    http://www.uvnc.com/download/index.html

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house