VCP Practice Test Provider

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by invierno, Jul 19, 2010.

1. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Hey everyone - I found this in my Google searches. Anyone familiar with this company? I'm looking for a legit test :)

http://exameducation.com/index.php

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

As someone who recently sat an official VMware VCP Vsphere course was told by the trainer all you need to pass the exam is VMwares web site and reading the pdf documents etc. Best wishes as I too would be sitting this exam as soon as I finish the MCSE 2003.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Thanks Onoski! I was told by a VCP that this site "tells you everything you need to know" for it as well:

http://www.vreference.com/

I just would like a good practice to make my US$3000 VMware class investment good on the first try :)

4. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

The vReference study card is not enough on it's own in my opinion, it's an excellent resource in that it has a lot of information squeezed into a very small space - but you won't be able to answer all the questions in the exam with just that collection of information. It's just one of a number of key resources I recommend that people use.

Take a look under the VCP4 menu on my website http://thinkvirtually.co.uk

Scott.

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  5. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

I don't agree with what your trainer said, I would also recommend some hands-on practice is essential for most people taking the VCP exam. Start with the VCP exam blueprint document on vmware.com as it will tell you what you need to know about and know how to do - my view of the exam and the key resources is under the VCP4 menu on my website - http://thinkvirtually.co.uk

Scott.

6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

agreed you definately need loads of hands on for the vcp, the same as every other exam, not much point studying it if your not using it in production as well. I dont recognise the site and tbh it looks a bit templatey (and certguard doesn't know about it) so I wouldn't personally trust it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Hey Scott I have already bookmarked your site from another thread on Certforums - it looks really valuable and I want to get as much good info as possible. I'm working with VMware heavily these days so I'm getting lots of good experience - I just want to make sure I do everything possible to hit this one the first time (my school semester starts in September so I want it under my belt before then). Thanks!

8. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

That's good to hear, I'm happy to help :-)

My blog and website have now been added to CertGuard too :-)

Keep the questions coming, and best of luck for your exam!

Scott.

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Scott, you're right in saying lots of hands on practice is a must and I was assuming this was covered by the person asking for advice etc. On the other hand as has been mentioned no one book is enough to go by through and assume the exam would be an easy task.

On the other hand well done as your blog and website in VMware is very impressive. Thanks for sharing and for the heads up:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  10. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

No problem, as a VMware instructor I'm asked these kinds of questions all the time by my students:
    - When should I take my exam?
    - Can I take it on Friday? (at the end of the course)
    - What should I do to prepare?

Glad you like my blog and site :-)

Scott.

11. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Passed VCP today! My boss told me yesterday that a promotion is definitely in my future - very excited!

Thanks Scott for your website. I did use your resources as part of my studies. If I could also recommend the Sybex book (http://www.amazon.com/VMware-Certified-Professional-vSphere-Study/dp/0470569611), I think that this was very useful. It is a LOT of information but it covers everything.

12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congratulations on your pass:) as I too would be sitting this exam sometime early to mid next year.

Thanks for the info you found useful on getting ready for the exam too.