Upgrading my pc Help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonny5, May 23, 2010.

1. jonny5

jonny5 New Member

last year i built my own pc with an athlon 64 x2 4800 processor and a ALiveNF 6P-VSTA mainboard and 2Gb Ram DDR2 800Mhz, 320Gb H.D.D, I've just had to buy a new main board namley Asrock N68-S, my question is which processor wouold be best to buy for this board to get the best performance,with the components ive already got without wasting any of the processing power because of exsisting hardware limitations. A quad/triple core amd or a amd x2 6600 or whatever they go up to now, I must also add that my new board has a socket AM3 if there are any better processors out there that would work well in my system can someone help me please, I mainly use my system for browsing the web and playing games also if i can afford it what would be a good mid level gfx card to put in to it?
    By the way I'm running windows 7 32bit if that helps
    Any help greatly appreciated?
    Jonny

I'm looking to spend under £100 Ideally as i dont spend all my time on my pc the wife uses it more than me for playing puzzle games which would run on a 486!!! lol

Last edited: May 23, 2010
    Certifications: c&g 2377 2981 Etc
    WIP: 17th edition
  2. Grumpy Hayes

Grumpy Hayes New Member

you could put a Athlon II X2 Dual Core 255 3.10GHz in your board they are around £60-£65 as for your graphics card you can get GeForce 8400GS 256MB with HDMI PCI-Express card for around £35-£40 would be more than enough for what you want.