Upgrade from Home to Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kopite_21, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Evening All,

I am wondering if you can possibly assist I want to upgrade from Win Home to Pro. When I try and setup I get the following error message:-

upload_2020-6-5_20-26-11.png

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Kind Regards

Rob

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hey mate, what have you tried already? I assume you've googled this?

First thing that comes to mind is running sfc /scannow

I also did a quick google and it's one of the suggestions listed here also: https://windowsreport.com/fix-autor...s, the autorun.,may cause various error codes.

3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Have you checked the install/upgrade log? It probably gives more verbose error output than that single error message. Without seeing the log it's difficult to diagnose.

I believe the logs are in %systemroot%\panther. You might need to take ownership of the files to view them.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Morning,

Thank you for your responses I forgot to mention I am installing Pro from a USB and that's where I am getting the error message once I click setup...

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

@Kopite_21 , did you check the logs?

I've had issues installing Windows 10 in the past from USB. I think it was when it was plugged into a USB 3.0 port, I think the issue was Windows setup didn't have access to the USB 3.0 drivers during setup. Are you running the upgrade from the OS or are you booting from the USB?

As I said, the primary source of truth in any instance is going to be the logs, so you should really check them first. They'll likely tell you exactly what the problem is.

6. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Could you repackage a new win 10 installation into the usb and try

Again ???