Unsure whether i should book or not :s

Discussion in 'A+' started by Bash, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Bash

Bash Bit Poster

Hey guys,

So i'm thinking about booking the 220-601 / 220-602, but unsure whether i'm ready or not, the prices of the exams are so damn expensive which doesnt help. i've worked in the IT sector before (helpdesk) and being made redundant im now considering whether i should go for the exam or not. Suppose if i get a cert i could perhaps get another IT job , having a certification can only help

So i suppose my question really is:

Were there any online resources you used which you look back on now thinking "that was invaluable"

at the moment i have mike meyers book aswell as an exam cram book / cd-rom. whenever i do online testing i do pass the mocks everytime but having never had a proper a+ exam i dont know how close to the real thing the mocks are

a lot of online stuff now has been updated to accomodate the 2009 objectives which dont help, not to mention the discontinuation of the uk discount vouchers, £114! for one exam!

thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You only have until August 31st to pass the 600 series before it is discontinued.

If you want some practice exams www.proprofs.com do free ones and www.boson.com do good paid for ones. Go for it.

if your passing mock exams aslong as they are different ones each time you will be fine.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

Bash have a look at the professor messer videos - there are many hours worth on the site in 10-30 min chunks. Personally I learn more from being taught rather than just reading, so while I have read the Meyers book twice, and it is excellent, the videos just reinforce everything and I find it really useful to reinforce key points.

If you end up doing the 7 series A+, I believe there are also vids for that on the site.

www.professormesser.com

Good luck

Certifications: C&G, A+
  4. Bash

Bash Bit Poster

ok guys will do thanks or the replies :)

WIP: A+