1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uni credits?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shaggy, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. shaggy

    shaggy Byte Poster

    Just looking at some Uni courses, the one i like says:

    "You will attain valuable practical networking skills, academic awareness of network related concepts and the generic transferable skills required for successful employment. This course supports study for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Practitioner (MCP) qualifications whilst providing the academic attainment of 360 credits."

    Firstly, what does it mean by 'supports study for MCP"?

    And Secondly, what are the 360 credit points for? can they be used to contribute towards another certification?
    Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  2. Sandy

    Sandy Ex-Member


    I am an Open University student and if your uni is offering the same, they are offering courses that you study for the exams and get the points if you pass the uni exams BUT you still need to go and sit a CCNA or MCP to get them.

    360 points is the number of points you need for an undergraduate degree.
  3. MrNerdy

    MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

    Nice website Sandy.:thumbleft
    Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+

Share This Page