Unemployed Diogenes from Belgium's introduction

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Unemployed Diogenes, Mar 4, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats. :)

3. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

update:
    I work almost 2 months in ICT now as network admin. But it's a small business environment with one 2003 Small Business Server and 10 XP pro clients. I have now 1300€ a month netto. Is that good for the job I do?

I like the job very much, but over a couple of years I want to make the step to a bigger company, so that I can learn more and earn more money (money is important of course...). I think I go start again for MCSE now. You guys think 70-271 will be a first good choice? Or can i start better immediately with 70-270?

THX for the advise!

Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
    WIP: CCNA
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Up to you mate, I would imagine that 10 PCs do not generate too much work for you though. Going for the 70-271 might be a good start.

How are you finding SBS? If you get the chance I would test the disaster recovery just to make sure the backups are working ok, that seems to be one thing that is overlooked by SBS admins. That’s one of the drawbacks to SBS, when it goes down everything goes down!

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

No, but it's working all the time. We are a publicity business. So I also make websites. But system engineering is more my cup of tea.

Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
    WIP: CCNA