unable to install windows movie maker 2.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by mallet, Sep 23, 2007.

1. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Ive had soo much problems getting my external tv card to work.
    So far, I tried using the software I got with it and it turns out its really bad and the files are 200mb huge from 10 second files. and now crashed everytime you want to record.
    Then I installed virtual dub which works great and has no delay, but the files come out unreadable :(

So my final software was to use Windows movie maker 2.1, what was odd as wmm 2.1 was meant to be installed by default with windows xp sp2 and it wasnt there.
    I installed wmm 2.0 anyway, worked and records file, only problem was it wasnt picking up any audio :mad

According to microsoft, to install WMM 2.1 you have to turn on the Automatic Updates which I did and from there it would look up for wmm 2.1 but its not on my list of updates :(
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

Are there certain list of software drivers on the windows xp cd I can copy to the WMM folder? or any free alternative programs to the above?
    Any sort of help, I would really appreciate it :)

-mallet

Certifications: MCP