Uh, 'ello mob

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by nkendrick, Mar 8, 2004.

1. nkendrick

nkendrick New Member

Greetings,

Nice to find a UK forum for certification topics - keep up the good work.

For my sins I write and deliver technical and customer service/help desk training material - if you've sat on an A+, Network+, I-Net+ etc. course at one of the major UK/International training companies then its possible you've encountered some of my stuff (mine was the decent bits with all the werds spellt right).

My major claim to fame is co-authoring with Mike Meyers (All-in one, Passport books etc.), but my proudest 'achievements' are my wonderful wife, Isabel and 3yr old son, Aidan.

Anyway, I'll pop in from time to time just to annoy you. :twisted:

If you're studying for any form of cert I hope you do well.

Best.

Nigel Kendrick

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Nigel, welcome to the board mate.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Welcome Nigel.

I used the All-in-one book by mike meyers for my A+ studys ans it's still on my desk for reference purposes.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  4. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Did you have to wear a stetson to work with Mike Meyers?

P.S. I am not trying to make a quip about cowboys here BTW!!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the forums Nigel, Hope to see more of you in the near future.
    :D

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. nkendrick

nkendrick New Member

...No stetson required when working with Mike. The best way to get on the good side of him is to fill him with Guinness!

NK

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hey Nigel! Welcome. I used the Network+ Passport and seem to remember your name attached to that product. I do some writing for LANWrights and Course Technology. I'm mostly a supplement writer for Course but updated a chapter on TCP/IP, NetBIOS, and WINS for Guide to TCP/IP second edition by Ed Tittel and Laura Chappell. I've also done some work on a text on layer 2 and 3 switches for a hardware vendor that must remain nameless until the book publishes this summer.

Since I'm pretty new at the game, you'll have to fill me in with all of your advice and insights. Good to have a kindred spirit on board.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi NK - looks like it's an honour to have you aboard - any friend of Mike's is a friend of ours :thumbleft

I remember I wasn't even half way thru' the Intro of the Golden Tome, when I e-mailed him my first question - the Man answered m personally and promptly too - he must get SOOO p*ssed of with Newbies doing that :evil:

Mind you, I thought I smelt Guinness on his reply - that explains everything :P

Hope you spend some time here - we're a friendly bunch, really :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. nkendrick

nkendrick New Member

Thanks for all the nice comments folks - believe me, when you get to know me there's no honour in having me around!

NK

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

:hhhmmm Sounds like your going to fit in here better than you think, then Nigel :roll:

:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

:stpd Welcome to the site NK! 8)

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor