Two most popular books for N+ & CCENT

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by loca1hero, Nov 26, 2009.

1. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

I just wanted to mention about the books available for the Cisco CCENT exam and the CompTIA Network+ exam. The preferred books for me would be Wendell Odom’s ICND1 Official Exam Preparation Guide and for N+ exam would be Mike Myers’s All-in-One Fourth Edition (2009) I have read both books and am currently studying for the N+ exam, just want mention about the formats of the two, if you have read these two you’ll find that Wendell Odom’s book points out the right things on the book in better way, what I mean is that the way the key topics have been marked in every chapter and the exam prep topics at the end of every chapter is really nice. On the other hand Mike’s book explains things nicely but the key topics are not marked very clearly or and its makes you think the whole chapter is important, of course you will read the whole chapter but for easy reference or revision you would want to focus on the main topics of the chapter. Although they seem to be really knowledgeable books, and I have nothing against Mike Myers Wendell Odom does make it easy to reference back to the key topics. This is my personal view….:blink
    ~~Your most welcome to comment on this and perhaps you can throw some light on this~~:hhhmmm

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  2. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Now passed the N+ exam and looking towards other certs

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Well done, congrats :thumbleft

WIP: Uhmm... not sure