Two forms of ID

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by flex22, Oct 30, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I've just booked my 70-210 exam.

When reading the confirmation at the end, it said I must bring two forms of ID.
    One should have my photo on with a signature also.

Hmm but I don't drive so have no driving license, and I've lost my passport :oops: and haven't replaced it yet.
    I'll ring my old flatmate and see if the passport is there, because I think I left it there, maybe.

What can I do if I don't have any ID with my photo on it?

I have a security pass for work with my name and photo on it, but not my signature.
    I fear I may have to cancel the exam now (scheduled for next friday) until I sort this out :(

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

this is usually the case
    your best bet would be to call up the center who you are taking your exam with, and see if you can arrange anything, ie bringing a recent bank statement or something, i used my bus pass when i was a kid, worked fine
    now i use my passport ofcourse :)

give em a call, what have you got to lose?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I think that it might be a bit late now to ring them, or they're not there on the weekends, so I thought I'd ask here for a quick reply.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

It's just a bit frustrating because I've got myself up for this now, so really don't need these distractions.

I understand why they need this proof, and will see if a viable alternative can be arranged.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Agreed with Ryan - my centre are certainly very flexible about what IDs they'll accept. First time I used them, I told them after the exam "why did you not ask to see my ID that you said I must bring ?"

Contact the centre on Monday and talk to them Flex - oh, and best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Thanks very much.I feel a lot better just for booking the damn thing to be honest.
    If I fail I won't be ashamed, and will let you all know the result either way.I thought I'd never post telling you's I'm going to take the exam, always had in mind I'd just post the result, and only when I passed as well.

I'm ashamed already for being a bloody coward and putting it off this long.

Who knows, I may even pass :D

Edit: Apologies for those who think I'm talking cr@p, of course.

6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Not cr@p at all flex, I know exactly what you are saying.

Now you've booked it, you now have a target to work to. Thank, I think you will find is a big help.

Anyway the very best of luck

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck from me too flex. I know you'll line it up and nail that sucker next Friday mate! 8)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Firthy2002

Firthy2002 Byte Poster

Good luck flex!

Certifications: None currently
    WIP: CompTIA A+ & Network+
  9. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Best of luck mate, go nail that sucker! :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  10. Treks

Treks Bit Poster

I know exactly what you mean. I booked mine with enough time to have a few weeks of panicked last minute studying, but once I had started it and knew it was going to happen, I felt SO much better for it.

That's a great attitude to have going in, Dude, and one I shared.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's your shout but I'm always happy to wish someone luck when they're waiting on an exam. Besides, this is a community - full of people who feel the same way!

Not at all, Dude. I started my MCSE Windows 2000 in 2000 and took the first exam in 2002... Now THAT's putting it off!

Here's hoping you do!

And it ain't cr@p. Best of luck to you!

T

Certifications: Windows 2000 Pro MCP, CompTIA A+
    WIP: 70-215, Win 2K Server