Tvs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, Dec 17, 2008.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well in the new year im seriously onsidering buying a new TV, i want a decent one , either plasma or LCD, i dont care as long as the pic is decent and my xbox can run through it on HD. I also want freesat in it. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas/advice for me, im looking to shell out about 600 GBP.

Thanks

Edd

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Samsung / LG / Sharp - all good (used to sell them). Pioneer or Panasonic are the bee's knees if you can afford them :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

If you could splash out a little more, I'd recommend the Panasonic TH42PZ8B PLASMA 42" ones, I recently bought a few for a competition for one of my clients and they look the nuts. I got them for £699 each at Curry's online. They're also the 1080p ones too so the image is crisp. Not sure if it had freesat though, might have been the next model up but that was well expensive

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said UKdarkstar said

Also consider that plasma TVs can get permanent burn in. It's not as bad as it used to be as plasma TVs now refresh very fast so no permanent images like the red button icon when watching sky has time to butn in to the phospors but it still does happen. Also plasmas use a lot of electricity but not as much as they used to.

Plasma TV also have better blacks than LCDs and are better for watching movies on, LCD TVs are better for gaming, use less electricity but do not have the best colours.

if your going to watching TV's and Movies then I would get a plasma but make sure you get one that has something which refreshes still images a lot so you get no burn in.

If your going to be gaming aswell as wathcing tv then get an LCD.

That's just my opinion though

Also those Panasonic ones recommended by Cockles are ace but cost a bit.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I some times use Richer Sounds, more click HERE
    But bought my 32" from John Lewis who were well priced & offered an extended warranty for free.:)

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  6. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade