Tutor support

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ICS are Cr@p, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ICS are Cr@p

ICS are Cr@p Bit Poster

Hi folks!

I've enrolled on a course with ICS Learn and it took them no less than SEVEN MONTHS to sort out an online problem which meant I had no tutor support. They sent me some vouchers afterwards as a "sorry".
    I'm cracking on now with my MCDST, but wondered something:

What kind of queries do you guys (i.e. other people) ask the tutors?
    And have they stitched me up by not offering Telephone tutor support? (I can only email them it seems..)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben.
    P.S. Has anyone else experienced totally sh!t customer service from ICS or is it just me?!!!

2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

on the phone thing.......i think they have well stitched you up!

If it was me i would be looking for more than vouchers, at the end of the day, you have paid for a service and you haven't got that service.

On what you ask them, you ask them questions on stuff you dont understand, simple as that, and dont be scared to ask them, thats what they are there for and thats what your paying for.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What was the problem that stopped you getting support? Was it technical and unavoidable, or was it negligent? Was telephone support supposed to be in the package?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. willolpl

willolpl Bit Poster

ICS are cr@p,my wife did (well did not) a course with this firm.Thay are great at direct debits but nothing more.

Certifications: CompTia A+, MCP, MCDST
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I haven't dealt with ICS personally, so my answers are only general (as I was a part-time tutor at the local college for 2 1/2 years teaching Comptia/Microsoft courses in the evening)

Any really that related to the course, eg: progression, job roles, how to do..., etc...

Depends on what the contract that you agreed to contains. Alot of training organisations (not all mind you), including colleges and Universities (like the OU) will hire IT Professionals to teach the IT Professional courses. As they work in the day or on shift patterns, e-mail support is the only form of support that is offered. But like I said, it does depend on your contract.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

As usual. people are unable to answer the simplest of questions...

Want help, or not?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD